Whe I ordered my 8330 from Verizon they asked if I wanted a belt clip ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

Coachmeeks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    300F590D

Thumbs down Seidio belt clip removing finish from phone??

Advertisement

Whe I ordered my 8330 from Verizon they asked if I wanted a belt clip case. The one they sent is the Seidio belt clip.
    Now I am finding that the clip on the top the holds the phone in place a taking the finish or paint off the back cover of the phone exactly where the clips slides over the top of the phone.
    Any one else having this issue?
    It really sucks and I will have to get a new back cover before long if the scratching continues.
    I think I will look at a leather case at this point. I find the Seidio"rubberized" case to add to much bulk for me, Verizon is selling them now so I have been able to try them out. They dont have the belt clip for the hard case yet, just the case, strange.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Too bad you have the bulk issue. Seidio also has the hybrid, skin, etc. cases and holster - I don't know if any of those is thinner. I still use the rubber case combo and I sure do like it. If you COULD stand a little bulk, you'd have the complete protection of your BB in case of dropping, etc. I dropped mine on a tile floor and, although the 2-piece case came completely apart there wasn't a scratch (or dent in the corner that it landed on) on the BB at all. I hope you find what you're looking for - everyone has special requirements for cases. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Seido rubberized case and holster are working great for me. I've dropped my phone as well and the case takes the impact, the two piece case might pop off but my Curve stays protected- scratch and dent free. Great investment overall.
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Coachmeeks View Post
    Whe I ordered my 8330 from Verizon they asked if I wanted a belt clip case. The one they sent is the Seidio belt clip.
    Now I am finding that the clip on the top the holds the phone in place a taking the finish or paint off the back cover of the phone exactly where the clips slides over the top of the phone.
    Any one else having this issue?
    It really sucks and I will have to get a new back cover before long if the scratching continues.
    I think I will look at a leather case at this point. I find the Seidio"rubberized" case to add to much bulk for me, Verizon is selling them now so I have been able to try them out. They dont have the belt clip for the hard case yet, just the case, strange.
    I think most of us who use a Seidio clip also have the hard rubberized case to protect the phone. Didn't think of trying to use the clip without the case and can definitely see where it would start nicking up the paint. Could also be that I'm confused and am not sure what cases/holsters you're talking about. Here's the combo I'm using (for my 8310, though) and that peguero describes above:

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...OD&ProdID=1005

Looks like you have more color choices with the 8330! Not sure what you mean by adding bulk, though. It seems pretty reasonable to me and is well worth it for the protection it offers.
    Last edited by RogerG; 06-26-2008 at 09:45 AM.

penpower no está en línea Stack level 3
    It has been a problem since 8700 time. That's why I stopped using it after only several days of normal usage. Yes, if your BB is naked without their protective case on, the clip will eventually wear off the paint on the spot where the clip sits. One of their rep in other forums said the user has to slowly release the clip from the phone before taking the phone out or it will take off some paints. Kinda make sense in reality, but not practical at all from users' point of view. However, I do think they should clearly state on their website to let buyers know the risks. Another marketing tricks to have users to buy their combo (case+clip) because you can't get another vendor's case and also use its clip.

PIN/ID
    300F590D
    Thanks Penpower, I was pretty sure I had heard others complain of the same issue. Verizon actually supplied me the clip so it shows how little they know.
    ROGRO, the clip look exactly like the one for your rubberized case, just no rubber case. It is actually smaller because the rubberized case wont fit in it.
    OK so maybe I will have to try the case again, its a shame to cover up the Curv body, its so thin and slick, but I need it to last. I suppose I could get the rubberized door from them also instead of the stock door, the dor is what looses the paint at the top.
    Thanks to you all for your suggestions, its great to have the community out there to lean on.

Thanks Penpower, I was pretty sure I had heard others complain of the same issue. Verizon actually supplied me the clip so it shows how little they know.
    ROGRO, the clip look exactly like the one for your rubberized case, just no rubber case. It is actually smaller because the rubberized case wont fit in it.
    OK so maybe I will have to try the case again, its a shame to cover up the Curv body, its so thin and slick, but I need it to last. I suppose I could get the rubberized door from them also instead of the stock door, the dor is what looses the paint at the top.
    Thanks to you all for your suggestions, its great to have the community out there to lean on.
    Here's another option for you, Coach: http://www.speckproducts.com/product...berry-curve/96

I actually used this combo before I went with the Seidio. Protects your device, yet still allows you to show it off since the case is clear! I especially liked this case because it had integrated screen protection instead of the film screen protectors you have to use with the Seidio cases. I'm patiently waiting for Seidio to offer a case like this (with the built-in screen protector)!

PIN/ID
    300F590D
    RoGro, why did oyu stop using the Speck case for the Seidio?
    Does the cover over the screen distort it?
    The web site says the Speck cases are out of stock.
    BTW, my parents live in Burlington NC....I love in sunny New York(LOL).

RoGro, why did oyu stop using the Speck case for the Seidio?
    Does the cover over the screen distort it?
    The web site says the Speck cases are out of stock.
    BTW, my parents live in Burlington NC....I love in sunny New York(LOL).
    Didn't stop using it, Coach. I switch back and forth. No the cover doesn't distort anything. It's a nice case. It does tend to get a little scratched up (which is better than your device getting scratched up!) and dust accumulates underneath, but the case is easily removable to clean everyone once-in-awhile.

If you're interested in case, I posted a new thread about the 50% off sale they're having right now, but it sounds like they might need to give you a rain check if they're out of stock!

Moved here in November of last year, so haven't been here all that long. I think Burlington is fairly close to where I am, though.