Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So last weekend I bought the rubberized replacement door for my 8330 Curve. There was ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4

Seidio battery door photo review (for 8330)

Advertisement

So last weekend I bought the rubberized replacement door for my 8330 Curve. There was nothing wrong with the factory door; I just like the color and the texture.

Edit: Note also that the order shipped Monday at 5:00pm and arrive Today at my house around 1:30pm Friday, August 8th, 2008.

Audio: The difference in audio quality is there but not great. The factory door doesn't seem to "block" the sound that much, even though the speaker isn't exposed.

The color and texture match the sides of my 8330 perfectly--or should I say that the difference (if any) is not noticeable.

Seidio says the fit is better with this after market door. They are correct. The door fits perfectly. it felt a lot more secure as I installed it.

One thing that surprised me was that the company's name was not printed on the back of the door like in their product shots.

On with the photos.... Please excuse them. They were taken with a point and shoot digital.

Last edited by eazid; 08-09-2008 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Reason is highlighted in the post.
    "Who Dares Wins"

good1988 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Good Review and Nice pictures... Not as bad as you may think

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Man, that's slick! You gonna buy me one too? -lol!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    Man, that's slick! You gonna buy me one too? -lol!
    lol. They are cheap enough! ....but no thanks. haha
    "Who Dares Wins"

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Forgot to ask-I was drooling...do you notice a huge sound improvement?

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    nice! I like that.... But im still waiting for the housing to come out so I can paint it blue!
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    Forgot to ask-I was drooling...do you notice a huge sound improvement?

I completely forgot to mention that. I just tested it, it sounds great, but for a more accurate answer I'm going to wait until I get home so I can test them both back to back with the same audio files.
    "Who Dares Wins"

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by eazid View Post
    I completely forgot to mention that. I just tested it, it sounds great, but for a more accurate answer I'm going to wait until I get home so I can test them both back to back with the same audio files.
    Kool, thx! I have been thinking about doing this mod to my Curve soon. Keep us posted.

I will. I should have the information up sometime around mid day tomorrow.
    "Who Dares Wins"

PIN/ID
    3047D925

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3
    I also bought one this week and was not as impressed as eazid...

I thought it felt cheap, especially how the silver dot was raised and had a glue'd on feeling to the back cover and not that it was molded into it. It also didn't fit all that well and requires you to "smash" it for it to fit without popping off.

As well, I don't think the back matches the sides of the 8310 all that well... yes the color is pretty close, but the texture is not.

I would NOT recommend anyone else wasting their money on this one.

The difference in audio quality is there but not great. The factory door doesn't seem to "block" the sound that much, even though the speaker isn't exposed.

This is added to the first post too...
    "Who Dares Wins"

Quote Originally Posted by robertmrome View Post
    I also bought one this week and was not as impressed as eazid...

I thought it felt cheap, especially how the silver dot was raised and had a glue'd on feeling to the back cover and not that it was molded into it. It also didn't fit all that well and requires you to "smash" it for it to fit without popping off.

As well, I don't think the back matches the sides of the 8310 all that well... yes the color is pretty close, but the texture is not.

I would NOT recommend anyone else wasting their money on this one.
    Yours really took that much effort to get in? Maybe they have inconsistencies in the line--that is--maybe the doors either don't fit the 8310, 8320, and 8330 the same. hmmm.

I guess everyone will have to take this into consideration. All I can say is mine fit perfectly... better than the factory door.
    "Who Dares Wins"

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am very impressed with the replacement door and will say there is a noticeable difference in the sound quality. I think that this is a very well made piece and am surprised they even included the mirror on the back,in the first place. As far as the Seidio logo on the back I don't know why it isn't printed on the back anymore.....the first door I had had the logo on it but the phone got stolen so I don't have that one anymore. I do feel the door is kinda pricey though at $15. But that's the way I feel about most Seidio products but I still continue to buy them.

dee7 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24200F55
    Got one for my pearl and its great,fits tight and definetly a little louder. And has the name printed on the back. Got the slick finish not rubberized might be why.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast