Finish on battery cover started peeling off right away. Believe it or not, they simply ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7

Seidio 2600 mAh Extended Battery

Advertisement

Finish on battery cover started peeling off right away. Believe it or not, they simply won't mail me a new one.
    After emailing them my original receipt of purchase, they are requiring that I mail the defective cover back to them first! Until I receive the replacement several days later, I won't have the use of their $50 battery, because I won't have a cover for it.
    I can only hope that the replacement cover not be of the type in which the finish was sprayed on and begins peeling off again to reveal shiny patches all over the matt black surface.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You're not the only one to complain about this problem, berryadict, so let's hope the good folks at Seidio are taking note and doing something to rectify the issue.

There is a Seidio rep that posts on this board occasionally.....care to chime in on this?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    One thing I forgot to mention is that the battery works as advertised ~ great product.
    It, of course, is the bulk of the purchase price. So I can't understand why, given a copy of the original receipt, they simply don't mail me another battery cover with a post-paid envelope for return of the defective one. It's very light weight and small-postage wouldn't be that much!
    And for me to be without the use of the battery I've paid $50 for during the whole ridiculous process they've outlined is ludicrous

Yeah, companies like DirecTV have no problem doing that. They'll expedite a new receiver, sending RMA materials along with it, making it so easy to turn things around. Seidio, et al could take a lesson from the likes of DirecTV.

Yep. Dish too. I'll buy my products from a different outfit next time!

Replacement is flat black polycarbonate, no flat black film to peel off shiny cover.
    This is what they should be shipping in the first place!
    Looks like RIM oem - I'm impressed!
    And the battery's awesome. Had to use standard while waiting for cover, and it only lasts half as long.
    If you order this, in order notes stipulate to poly only, no film cover finish, and you'll be so pleased with this!

Thanks for the tip, addict!

seidioseidio no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    Finish on battery cover started peeling off right away. Believe it or not, they simply won't mail me a new one.
    After emailing them my original receipt of purchase, they are requiring that I mail the defective cover back to them first! Until I receive the replacement several days later, I won't have the use of their $50 battery, because I won't have a cover for it.
    I can only hope that the replacement cover not be of the type in which the finish was sprayed on and begins peeling off again to reveal shiny patches all over the matt black surface.
    Berry,

First of all, let me apologize for just now seeing your post. I try to get in here when I can, but our new website launch has kept me pretty busy.

Secondly, it is our basic policy to ship back a defective product before receiving a new one, but if the only problem was the door, our customer service agent should have taken care of this. I am truly sorry about the confusion, and will reiterate this to them.

It sounds like you may have already received your replacement, but if not please email your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com and I'll make sure you're taken care of.

Thanks,

See! I toldja Seidio would be very cool about it!