I recently bought at BB8100 from an alternate source (a.k.a. random and not a carrier) ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

livelovelrnlead no está en línea Stack level 1

SD Card Trouble

Advertisement

I recently bought at BB8100 from an alternate source (a.k.a. random and not a carrier) I then bought a memory card to put into it (its a 2G Sandisk) but when inserting the memory card (yes i did it the right way which did take me a little time and research to figure out) my phone did not recognize it at all. I went to Advanced Options; Media Card; and the message at the bottom said 'A media card is not presently inserted in the device' so I then read a forum telling me to format the card. Well when i go to Advanced Options; Media Card and click the menu button my only option is to close (there are no other options at all). In fact anytime I highlight any category in the Options or Advanced Options my only option is to close (no i am not opening the option then trying to click the menu button-but i have tried it both ways and it does the same thing the little menu pops up and there is only one option which is to close what i am doing) Please Help

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

When you go to options>mediacard>hit menu button, the option format should be there. You can also format it via PC. Plug in the phone with your USB. Make sure mass storage support is on to access it in My Computer. Hope this helps.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    good call heavycomponent, that best thing to do is format the card
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

livelovelrnlead no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thats just it there is no format card option and yes I did it the right way (trust me I looked up so many forums on this issue) and yes I know I could just put the sd card in my computer but my laptop won't read a 2G card (I need a new one haha) so yeah its really weird the format card option is not available was there some way some one could have removed it?