Hi. I got a BB bold. I purchased a reusable screen protector. Question, how you ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA

Screen protector cleaning

Advertisement

Hi. I got a BB bold. I purchased a reusable screen protector. Question, how you clean it? The protector has a sticky side. With time that part get full of lint.
    Is very difficult to clean.

e-berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    i have a BB storm and i've had the same issue.. i hate the link and stuff that gets on that sticky side.. i have no clue what to do or how to put it on perfect! it has frustrated me beyond belief i ended up just taking the protector off, which sucks. now my BB is naked
    --
    More than meets the eye.

PIN/ID
    GA
    Im thinking on do the same. Is a Blackberry Bold Privacy Screen Protector ($24). Is just 2 days of used. I will contact the vendor for any solution. I will let you know.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    If applied correctly, the screen protector should never get lint on the underside.

You have to apply it in a dust free environment

The re-usable screen protectors is a load of crap. You can't reuse them

e-berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    a dust free environment is IMPOSSIBLE unless you are the bubble boy.....

i've tried to apply the screen protector about 3 times thus far... i hate to keep shelling out $7 for a 3-pack just on trial and error. this latest time i took a page from window tint installation and tried using soapy water so i put a few droplets of that but i still got speckles of lint underneath.. previously when i did get stuff stuck on the sticky side i would use tape to try and get the dust or whatever was on there off....
    --
    More than meets the eye.

PIN/ID
    GA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    You have to apply it in a dust free environment
    Well my friend, I work on a "dust free" environment. Parenterals Pharmaceutical industries. The best you can go is about less than 100 particles per million. The best I worked is on 30's particles per million. From that 30 just one can destroy your beautiful "reusable" screen.

But, what happend if I drop the screen on water and soap? The sticky part disappear?

mrshudz! no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have found that if you use a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol, it helps free the grime and dust that accumulates under the protector. Just make sure that the protecter is completely dried before returning it to the screen. Hope this helps. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sbrown712 no está en línea Stack level 3
    When I was putting the protector on my 8320 I had trouble with lint too. Until I decided to use screen cleaner for my plasma tv and a microfiber cloth. It took time and a lot of patience but I finally got it right.
    pin: 2488CO6E
    Member of the East Coast Night Owl Club

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I cannot say enough good things about my BoxWave Screen Protector. Out of all the different brands I've used, this is hands down the best! The only one that I've been able to easily install, with a perfect result. In just 10 minutes! It does not require liquid to mount, as it has a mildly adhesive back. It's so clear & free of bubbles, that if I handed you my BlackBerry you could not tell it is there! An amazing product that I highly endorse.

~via BoldBerry #6 (wap.pinstack.com)~

360Challenge no está en línea Stack level 3
    archer, if i were to purchase the boxwave, and i decided to remove it, would it ruin the screen (sticky residue)

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by 360Challenge View Post
    archer, if i were to purchase the boxwave, and i decided to remove it, would it ruin the screen (sticky residue)
    I am as picky as any Stacker here. So picky that until recently I had given up on screen protectors. And this is coming from someone who, with all due modesty is an expert at installation.

Then I found Boxwave protectors. Easily the best on the market. An unbelievably ideal product. Made of just the right material, and coated on one side with an adhesive so mild that once removed you would never know it was there.

No adhesive is left behind so there is no worry about screen damage or cleanup. Due to this, one may lift it off if and try again if you do not apply it perfect on the first or second try. Since no messy water or solution is needed, the moment you have applied it, there is no waiting period before you can use your BlackBerry. Due to the type of perfectly clear material once it's on you cannot tell you are using a screen protector. The feature I like the best.

It is very easy to install without a single air bubble. I highly suggest these to those of you who are concerned about the outcome. Personally I had left my Curve naked for a year due to unacceptable results with other brands. Then upon buying a Bold, the screen is simply too big to be left unprotected. I decided to try the only brand I hadn't tried before and was amazed at the terrific results.

Cheers
    ~via BoldBerry 6 (wap.pinstack.com)~