Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by PoliceDog SDEEDY, I'll be the first to admit that the price of ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

delana0608 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241314A7

Re: Screen protector

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceDog
    SDEEDY, I'll be the first to admit that the price of the Boxwave is a bit hard to swallow - especially when you see what all the others cost. But the BW "Crystal" version really is 99.9% transparent - once you have it installed correctly and pushed any small air bubbles out to the side, it's like there's nothing there! (It might be a tough job, but I'll see if I can take some photos to illustrate.)

I've tried Fellowes, Palm, and now BSE. IMHO, none come even close to the pure clarity of the Boxwave. But the cost is definitely a hurdle to overcome. (Doesn't anyone here use the Boxwave Crystal screen protectors? Strange.)
    I do! And I love it. It's totally transparent and a worthy investment. I use it with this case and LOVE the overall result.

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3

I have tried quite a few different ones & I am sold on http://www.screenpatronus.com/ They are amazing & cheap. I buy them on eBay (search using the "screenpatronus" name). One lasts me all year & they remain crystal clear. They give you 3 of them. I have one on my S50 satellite radio too.

PoliceDog no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by delana0608
    I do! And I love it. It's totally transparent and a worthy investment. I use it with this case and LOVE the overall result.
    At last! A fellow Boxwaver!

Seriously, I don't blame anyone for recoiling at the price - but once you try them, NOTHING else comes close. We have them for our Curve, Pearl, Treo, PSP, Garmin GPS, and three Canon ELPH's.

SDEEDY no está en línea Stack level 3

Seriously, I don't blame anyone for recoiling at the price - but once you try them, NOTHING else comes close. We have them for our Curve, Pearl, Treo, PSP, Garmin GPS, and three Canon ELPH's.
    Who is we?

I think that it would be worth it for me to view my BB's vivid screen, so I'll most likely drop $13 bucks for the single screen.

Would there be any reason I should buy the 3-pack? The site claims the product is washable and reusable...have you tried to do so? How is the product applied, with water or a special solution? How easy is it to apply the screen? If I mess up can I re-do the application process?
    Last edited by SDEEDY; 08-28-2007 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SDEEDY
    Who is we?

I think that it would be worth it for me to view my BB's vivid screen, so I'll most likely drop $13 bucks for the single screen.

Would there be any reason I should buy the 3-pack? The site claims the product is washable and reusable...have you tried to do so? How is the product applied, with water or a special solution? How easy is it to apply the screen? If I mess up can I re-do the application process?
    1. "We" is myself, my daughter, and my son. We're all gadget lovers!
    2. Buy the "single" first. Buy the "Crystal" - it is as clear as glass.
    3. Haven't washed one, but once in a while I clean it with a micro-cloth dampened with lens cleaner.
    4. Applied direct - no water or special solution required. Make sure the screen is CLEAN and dust-free before applying.
    5. Easy to apply, imho. Can be repositioned as many times as you like as long as you are careful to keep dust, etc. off the side that touches your screen (like any other screen protector). If you get bubbles (depending where they are and how big they are) reposition and then gently squeeze them out towards the edges. BW provides a little cardboard squeegee just for that purpose. And a micro-fiber cleaning cloth.

If you do buy one, please share your thoughts. And if, for some reason, you don't like it, send it to me and I'll send you a brand-new, never used BSE screen protector (as I said earlier, I bought one, plus the "skin", plus the single sheet you can cut up to make "customs")

delana0608 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241314A7

Sorry to leave you out there all by yourself. I saw the thread and went to look up what type of screen protector I bought so I could recommend it....and the rest is history!

Quote Originally Posted by delana0608
    Sorry to leave you out there all by yourself. I saw the thread and went to look up what type of screen protector I bought so I could recommend it....and the rest is history!
    LOL! I don't feel so lonely any more.

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I screwed up two of the BSE skins trying to apply them. Ordered the Boxwave protector and have been very pleased with the results. Easy to install and reusable, too.

ernsalas no está en línea Stack level 3
    Guess i'm gonna try the boxwave protector!

2020 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have had the invisible shield (the full verison, not just the screen) on my 8130 since January and love it. I was worried at first that it may begin to peel off, especially in the corners where there are very narrow ends that connect around the pearl. But I have been impressed/surprised that it fits like the day I put it on. I will say it was a bit of a pain (not difficult) to put it on.

Appearance? I have to tell most people it's on there, even a few who held my bb in their hands and didn't know.

Also, there is usually a coupon code floating around the web.

Having said that, it looks like boxwave users outnumber me, so maybe it's just as good or better in some way. I won't know until my invisible shield fails me

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    BestSkinsever are the best, then you get more protection that will last for a really good price.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123