Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

We have seen a lot of after market charging stands everywhere. Some great ones, some ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

chinesecatt no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up RIM Charging Pod

Advertisement

We have seen a lot of after market charging stands everywhere. Some great ones, some not so great. Meaning, some are EXPENSIVE and some really cheap -- that's what I was really trying to say

So after all the many released models by RIM, they finally realized (I believe) that there is really a need to have a charging stand. Not everyone needs it, but not everyone's really happy about not having one either. Why do you think there is a huge aftermarket products around, right?

So meet the RIM Charging Pod. It is available for the BlackBerry 8300 Series and for the BlackBerry 8100 Series.

Charging Pod for BlackBerry 8100 Series Model # ASY-14396-001

Charging Pod for BlackBerry 8300 Series Model # ASY-14396-002

Photo for the 8300 series will be up by tomorrow. I have not tried it yet with my Curve, so I will be assessing this accessory as I go.

You can use your existing Wall Charger or USB or vehicle adapter charger with this. So unless you want to get those retractable once that works with BlackBerry(s), then that is another option to go. But basically, this is designed to go with whatever charger you use to charge your device.
    www.eSHOPlimited.com for your Authentic BlackBerry Accessories

Re: RIM Charging Pod

The RIM BlackBerry Charging Pod for the 8300 Series

Sweet? Nice

The BlackBerry Logo will light up to indicate that it is connected to a power supply, be it via USB to your computer, Vehicle Charger or your travel charger. One of the things that I don't like connecting my device to my computer just for charging purposes, it either opens your DM or it prompts you to set your device to mass storage. If that is what you are looking for for a pod, then this isn't the one. This basically charges your device by just dropping it in the pod itself. Fits perfectly and easy to get in and out of the charger. Great construction, great product. But then again, this is Original RIM.

If you are sporting an OEM RIM Skin, you will have to remove it since the skin doesn't have any opening to let the 2 gold connectors to go through. And not only that though, the charging pod is designed to support your device quite perfectly that there really is not much of a room for your Curve to dance around.

Great accessory for those who just sits on their desk all day, for travel or for any office. Presentable, classy and original If this isn't for you, you can always pick up the Leather Desktop Stand.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Hey chinesecatt,

Just curious if this would work with a Seidio Hybrid case on? Would probably be similar to your clear case.

Thanks

Hi reddog187,

I do not know this for a fact, since I do not own any of their cases. But the Speck Hardcase that I have does not fit because the pod is good enough to cradle the device naked.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

ok thank you.

EDIT:

Will you think there will be one for the 8800? Maybe that will fit the 8300 with case?
    Last edited by reddog187; 12-11-2007 at 02:07 AM.

surfanimal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Awesome, thanks for the heads up!

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

~via SUPA BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

This is great! Looks like the perfect stocking stuffer!!!

Lucah76 no está en línea Stack level 1

That looks like a must-have for me!

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

yeah this looks very great as well
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Can't tell by the pics, but will this thing hold an 83 series with an extended battery?

What extended battery are you using? I can take a detailed photo of the back side and you can decide if it does. Hold on...

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Its the seidio...

I can try and snap a pic of it...basically, it comes straight out about 1/8" above the bottom cover...my guess is it comes down too far...

I took enough photos to show their extended battery door in comparison with the original standard battery door. So hope these photos would answer your question. I have tried tilting my Curve to check if it will remain charging if I tilt it foward and it didn't lose the "charging" status, which is good. The question now is, how thick is this Extended battery really. So I took a side view picture for your reference.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    ok thank you.

EDIT:

Will you think there will be one for the 8800? Maybe that will fit the 8300 with case?
    Currently, it is only available for the Curve and for the Pearl.

yoshio no está en línea Stack level 2

Got me sold! One (of few) things I miss about my iPhone--the tasteful, matching dock!

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of trying to order through an unknown company on Amazon and my order wasn't processed so I have to wait until Monday for a delivery now (from bberry this time). I can't wait to clean up the sloppy cord in the corner of my desk... yes, I'm a little OCD.

One question, and this might be a given, but does the cradle register as holster mode?

Thanks for the review, and great pictures!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast