Does anyone have experience with both products? I'm curious to know which of the two ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

Otterbox vs Seidio case/holster combo

Advertisement

Does anyone have experience with both products? I'm curious to know which of the two people prefer.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Otterbox vs Seidio case/holster combo

I have a seidio clear case, I love it. Have used the hostler to, worked great. Haven't tried an otterbox out yet.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

BusterJames no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2422753A

I actually looked at both cases. I had already purchased the Seidio battery door with the cutout for the speaker, this was a determining factor for choosing the Seidio hard case and holster, a long with good user reviews here on Pinstack. (the Seidio case has a cutout for the speaker). There was a recent thread about the new OtterBox cases, if I remember correctly the rep from OtterBox said there was a plastic membrane over the keyboard, I don't like that so it made my decision easy.

Just in case you missed the thread for the new OtterBox Cases.....

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rry_curve.html
    Last edited by BusterJames; 11-11-2007 at 05:56 PM.

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

I had a Seidio rubberized case for my 8100 on T-Mo. Now that I have a new 8130 on VZW, I'm looking for protection. The one concern I have is the difference in camera layout. The 8100 has a vertical layout, whereas the 8130 has a horizontal one.

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

I just got the Otterbox case for the 8300 series. I've never had a Seidio case so I can't really give a good comparison of the two, except by going off the visuals of the Seidio cases. I would definitely say that the Otterbox will probably withstand more abuse, due to the larger casing and the inner membrane that covers the keypad, screen and the outer part of the trackball. On the downside, all this extra hardware also makes it bulkier and more awkward to use. The keys are harder to press and moving the trackball is a little weird, especially with the membrane on. I actually had to cut a larger hole out of the membrane to make the trackball usable. Of course the membrane is optional. You could always get another screen protector, or just cut the screen portion of the membrane off and just use that.

I would suggest that the type of case you get depends on your lifestyle. For normal everyday use, I would probably go with the Seidio case. For more extreme, outdoors usage (in the rain or snow, like maybe hiking, skiing/snowboarding, etc) I would recommend the Otterbox case. I'm really wishing I had gone with the Seidio case in retrospect, since I fall more in the former category, and I'm personally not really liking the added bulkiness of the Otterbox case.
    Last edited by bonebox; 12-18-2007 at 09:34 PM.