Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm considering an otterbox for my 8330. I'm happy with my visual screen quality. Will ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

ur561ad no está en línea Stack level 3

Otterbox?

Advertisement

I'm considering an otterbox for my 8330. I'm happy with my visual screen quality. Will the otterbox effect that?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Not at alll!! Very amazing product.

Here is a write up from my site I did showing the tests I put this case through to see if it would and how well it protected my phone.

Now let me tell ya, this Defender case for the Storm is by far the #1 best protection for your Storm. I put my Storm in one and did a few tests. Now you guys are going to think I'm stupid for doing this but I did it so I could test it.
    First Test - I stood in place and acted like I was texting, then dropped the phone. I'm 5'10 so it was a typical phone drop. The fall did not even phase it. It hit the ground, bounced around and that was that. No marks, no indication of damage.
    Second Test - I sat in a pick up truck, typical height off the ground and I then let the phone fall out of my lap onto the pavement. Again. Nothing. At this point I was getting aggravated, I wanted to prove this thing wrong!!
    Third Test - This test was because I get aggravated with my Storm because I hate it. I sat at my desk, waited until it finally made me mad enough to where I wanted to chuck it at the wall...so I did..Could not believe it. The friggen thing still was going strong. NOW I was getting mad and thought of a great test to bust this theory of it being the indestructible.
    Fourth Test (final test) - Opened the office window which is on the 2nd floor and oops, let it dropped. Walked downstairs, got some weird looks from people as to why I dropped my phone out the window but finally. I beat it!! Thankfully I had a dead storm in there for this test but the Storm was not damaged at all on the outside, the Otterbox lived up to its word but the blunt force of the impact killed the ol .75. Darn.
    <-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

Thanks! But umm! Ya! You got issues!

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    LOL thats Awesome Great Review Brettxw
    RedCurv07

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by ur561ad View Post
    I'm considering an otterbox for my 8330. I'm happy with my visual screen quality. Will the otterbox effect that?
    The Otter comes with a thin clear plastic film that covers the keypad and screen, but it is seperate from the rest of the case, so it is optional. When I had mine for my 9000, I simply did not choose to use that part of it for that reason. I had a good screen protector, so I didnt need it. A little pricey, but if youre rough on your devices or work out doors, the Otter is for you, great case.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3
    I chose not to use the thin plastic layer either. And I love the holster, like an 8700 oem holster.
    Andy

Mitch R. no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31B8E46E
    It's a great case, I doubt you'd be disappointed.

Thanks everyone. I did end up getting one. Paid 30 bucks. I like it. Not as bulky as I thought and with a little soapy water the screen came out pretty good. This thing looks like its gonna keep my berry in new condition. It doesn't effect the trackball use much at all and the keypad cover fits very snug. Not hard to get used to. Another thing I like is, without the case I was constantly hitting my convenience keys and activating them. With the "box" on, you have to press them a little firmer. So I havnt set them off accidentally yet. The curve fits perfectly in the "box" so there is no shifting whatsoever. If I were to rate it I would give it a 9/10. Only because I'm very picky about my screen clarity. And I had to cut the plastic around the camera because vids and pics were a bit fuzzy and lacked clarity. Fifty dollars is a lot for any cover but if anyone is considering and can find one for around fourty. Its a no brainer. All day long.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    If you're buying new anywhere besides a less than acceptable dealer or a friend, they're all gonna be $50. The phone companies get no profit off this product. They pay the same as the end consumer.

I would strongly encourage the purchase of this product or similar. I'm 6'4 and I was standing in a local wal-mart talking on m phone, a pearl at the time, with my otterbox snuggle in place. When for some reason my arm decided to toss my phone to the hard tile floor. A killer of a hit for unprottectd devices, yet th phone bounced. When I picked up my phone in shock, I only noticed hat the case came unsnapped. Now remember my height, and thinl of m ear height, normal I would say. And a drop like that was no harm to my phone.

Good buy if you decide to spend the money.
    Last edited by getsugatensho; 06-27-2009 at 06:08 AM.

aldie no está en línea Stack level 3
    i have one for my 8900 and love it. Yes, it adds considerable size to it, but it can't be beat. the best $30 I've spent on an accessory for a blackberry yet.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    All the guys in the shop use one religiously (the women think they are not pretty enough lol). We have them on an 8320, a 9000, and a 9530 and wouldn't be without them. Customers love them once we demonstrate how little it changes the actual use of the phone and how much it protects and alleviates accidental pressing.

Zo

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Have the otterbox on my 8310 and 9000. Would not be without one that is for sure. The add very little to the size of the phone but they add so much to the protection on the phone. And I love the belt clip on these, it is like the 8700, 7250 and 7520's. I've used the standard BB leather case and have almost dropped my phone just trying to get it out of the case, and the clips like Seidio sell I would be to afraid of bumping them and the BB falling to the floor.

loganscurve no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31095EB3
    I have one on my 8330 and love it. Best money ever spent.It keeps my phone looking great!

dtcampbell no está en línea Stack level 2
    Spilled soda on mine and nothing - I thought it went into the hole where the track ball is and only a drop made it in - that paid for itself right there!

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    I had my 8830 fall off my belt tumble down a roof fifty feet then it fell three stories to the ground . finally rolling to a stop in a puddle of water . this is about the worst thing a guy can do to a berry and it was none the worse for the wear. I take a new device from the package with gloves on then wrap it in the skin and box it up . the things look like new a year latter. the increased resale value as well as the lower risk of damage and insurance claims make this a no brainer..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast