After seeing the Case-Mates that were given away here on PinStack, I bought several of ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs down Not happy with Case-Mate Customer Service

Advertisement

After seeing the Case-Mates that were given away here on PinStack, I bought several of them (3 for myself and 3 for friends). I really like the professional look, along with the protection that it gave my Curves.

After a couple of days of use though, I noticed that the clip on one of mine holsters was coming apart. I contacted Case-Mate, looking to just replace the holster side of the clip (they do come apart fairly easily). Customer service told me that they don't sell or provide any parts separately. Keep in mind that this clip is probably a 10 cent part and once disassembled, you can see how poorly its designed (I fear a the others won't last long).

Customer Service also pointed out that I had not purchased my items from their authorized on-line retailers; I'd bought the cases new, on-line...had no idea that the company I bought them from was not "authorized", they were new though and had to have originally come from Case-Mate.

SO, here i am with a holster that is useless and no help from Case-Mate. This is their product, whether or not it was purchased directly from them or someone else. I won't be doing any further business with them and I will not be recommending them to the organizations that I'm connected with - Their loss.

Hope other customers have better luck with Case-Mate customer service, if they ever need it.
    Greetings from the Land of OZ!

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4
    hmmm.. sorry to hear that...

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Where did you actually get them from? I got mine from Case-Mate directly through the links provided on here. Case-Mate is handling this the same way any other manufacturer would if purchased from an unauthorized source. They can't be sure that what you have is really their product or a chinese knock-off.

Zo

I understand the problems with knock-offs. I bought these from a company called "S K Enterprises", which is selling them on eBay. I know that it doesn't matter what sellers put in there ads, but if you check these ads, they state, "We are an authorized Case-Mate dealer" and also had a link directly to Case-Mate in the ad.

I'm going to try and contact this seller, but the bottom line is even if an item is out of warranty (I was willing to pay for the part anyway - Case-Mate Customer Service brought up the warranty thing), the issue to me is that they don't service or have any parts for an item they sell.

Case-Mate items sell the highest priced case that I've ever purchased, so I'd think they would bend over backwards with the customer service side of thier business. They stated they "don't sell any parts, only complete units". I baby my Curve in every aspect and can say that if this clip unit of mine broke, others will have the same problem...maybe even after the 90-day warranty is up.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial][/FONT][/FONT]

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    If Case-Mate handles things the same way most retailers do, EBay is never considered an authorized retail venue.

As for their price, you should check the Otterbox. Yes, Case-Mate cost me more than any other case I have ever purchased, but for a hard case it was manufactured better than any I have used or sold before (we just began carrying OtterBox cases here).

Zo

I will look into the Otterbox...sounds like the final solution.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sorry for your troubles Finder, they do have a point though. I also never trust anything that comes from ebay. It's just too easy to get scammed.

On another note have you looked at the seidio cases? I love mine. Never had any issues with mine and their customer service is bar none

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    You're not the only one who isn't happy. While my problem isn't related to their CS who I just contacted, my problem is with the case itself. Here's what happened earlier today
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=72533

I also saw another post here on PinStack, about a problem with the clip coming apart. Seems like the clip area of these cases/holsters is the weak point.

I will have to say that the Curve case seems well constructed and looks great. The only problem is the holster/clip.

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Now that we have the issue of where the case was purchased resolved , I persoanlly had the same issue with the clip on my holster breaking when I sat down last week. I got mine direct from Case-Mate. I need to send them an email today and let them know.

Zo

~via BB 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

I am getting a replacement case sent to me.

I've received a couple of messages from others that have, or are getting replacement holsters, because of similar problems. One told me that his was out of warranty and he's out of luck too.

If Case-Mate is having problems and don't have replacement parts, what's going to happen after the 90-day warranty? The answer is we will then all be in the same boat...the only option will be another $30 for the holster and the cycle will continue.

I've said my piece, so I won't rant any longer. By the way, did I mention that I still love my Curve???

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Just got my new 8100 case. Too bad I'm now using an 8120.