Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey ya'll i was looking at the new otterbox for the curve that is due ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

New otterbox for the curve

Advertisement

Hey ya'll i was looking at the new otterbox for the curve that is due out 11/30. I want so opinions because i am considering getting it.

http://www.otterbox.com/products/sma...rry_1935_case/
    Looking for new buddies. Add me pin# 3115EE05

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: New otterbox for the curve

I'm very interested in getting one. I've heard nothing but good things about Otterbox products, and in my line of work, I could really use that kind of protection.

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

i am glad to see that this one has the holster to go with it.
    Looking for new buddies. Add me pin# 3115EE05

rw5579 no está en línea Stack level 3

looks cool, might have to get one of those

Last Z no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245fe61a

Wow $50 is kinda steep....but I guess I hate my screen protectors sooo much!

pumpkin24 no está en línea Stack level 3

I already have mine on order (o= Gotta protect my Curve (o=

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

did you see the videos on Pinstack where the Otterbox was put through a series of tests? I believe it was for the 8700, but they still may be helpful. I'm having trouble finding the link but if I do find it I will post it.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Not a fair test though as the 8700 was a small tank in its own right.

shakuyi no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2425A121

that looks cool

pumpkin24 no está en línea Stack level 3

I just received my otterbox today and I am asking them if I can return it... I don't like the way it fits..feels a lil loose and is bulky. Also when you have the plastic film over the phone, the pictures come out blurry.. Just my opinion....Hoping I get the ok to return..

curthill no está en línea Stack level 1

I Got mine friday and I agree with you about the pictures, I just cut it in half
    and did away with the back part. Its alot less bulkythan the 8700. I like mine!!!
    Got to protect my Blackberry.

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

I just got one of these for my 8310, and the jury is still out for me. I think it provides more protection than any other case I've seen for the Curve. Even though apparently it fits a little slimmer than previous Otterbox cases for older Berry models, personally it's still a little too bulky for my taste. I like to carry my phone in my pocket (hate belt clips) and this definitely isn't made to be carried in a pocket. The size makes it hard to get in and out (and this is in fairly loose jeans; probably impossible with tighter fitting jeans/pants) and even if you do manage to get it in your pocket the rubberized outer shell picks up lint like crazy.

I also don't like the inner membrane that covers the keys. I've tried to reapply it several times, and it keeps popping up off the keys, making them hard to press. I'm considering taking it off and just putting a BSE screen protector on, but then part of the reason I got this in the first place was for the added water protection the inner membrane is suppose to provide. The part of the membrane that covers the screen was also a lot harder to get bubbles out of than with say the BSE skin. The instructions that come with it say just to apply it as is, but it looked horrible, so I ended up using a water+soap mixture like with the BSE skin which helped some, but still has some small bubbles I can't get rid of, which bugs me being the perfectionist that I am. Finally the hole in the membrane for the trackball didn't position very well over the trackball making it almost impossible to use, so I ended up having to cut a larger hole myself for it to be usable.

I would really only recommend getting this case if you're perhaps in the commercial business sector and are using it a lot out in the field where it's more susceptible to drops, environmental damage (rain, snow, etc), and you don't mind wearing it with the included holster. Other recommended uses might be if you're an extreme sports person (snowboarding, skiing, etc) or outdoorsy person (hiking, hunting, camping, etc). Otherwise, for normal/casual every day use I would suggest a sleeker, more form-fitting case such as the Seidio line that is easier to pull in and out of your pocket and looks a lot more "sexy" to boot.
    Last edited by bonebox; 12-19-2007 at 12:14 PM.

colomboj no está en línea Stack level 2

I can't stress enough that the otterbox cases are intended for people who NEED the extra protection they provide. If you don't need it this case will only serve to annoy you. As a electrician I put my phone thru the worst every day, and the otterbox keeps it safe every day!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~got my otterbox for the curve yesterday and love it. This is a great case but then I know everybody likes differant things

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3

Got my Otterbox a couple of days ago. I really like it. I didn't put the inner skin on b/c I couldn't get the bubbles out (1) and the camera was blurry (2). Other than that I like the rugged feel and look of the phone. I'm not in a profession that makes my phone susceptible to drops and damage, so it's odd that I purchased an otterbox. I just like the look and feel of it. And it's still not too bulky to put in my pocket. I'm a female, so it does look a bit dorky if I wear the holster on my belt. That's pushing it a little. Anyway, overall, I love it. And I LOVE my CURVE!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast