I've got the oem headset and am currently unsatisfied. I was wanting to get some ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

johndman no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241EF849

Need headset suggestions

Advertisement

I've got the oem headset and am currently unsatisfied. I was wanting to get some gel earbuds to listen to music and answer phone calls. The problem I'm running into is that I work in a very noisy environment which makes it hard to hear on a single earbud or bluetooth. Also with the noisy environment the person I'm talking to usually has a hard time hearing me unless I talk really loud into the microphone.

I need a set of form fitting earbuds that also has a noise canceling mic. Not really interested in bluetooth, prefer the wired approach. What suggestions do you have?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The motorola s9 (I think) has dual buds. Has gotten awesome reviews. Prob very good for what u are looking for. I wouldn't recommend driving with dual buds tho

johndman no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241EF849
    Yeah I saw those but they are bluetooth. I do like how they fit into your ear, but was wanting something that I could talk with and wired as well

haastyle no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've been looking for the same thing. The 3.5" plug on the curve makes it tough to find headset accessories for. I ended up taking the headset that came with the curve, cutting it apart, and then soldering on earbuds that I love from sony. The trick was that these days wires are not just copper wrapped in plastic. They have a thin lacquer layer on the copper instead for the insulator. This has to be burned off with a lighter to get down to the copper before soldering. My girlfriend thinks I'm nuts.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    for the money, get the BB ear gels, from eshoplimited. $25 inc. shipping. they sound very good, but the bass isnt great, but they are very comfortable. I tried 4 diff kinds with my 8300 and found for the money these are the best by far

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have those earbuds. They are very comfortable and do a good job of passive noise cancelling. I agree with the "bass isn't great" comment, but need to emphasize it more--these have no bass at all--zero, nada, zilch. A mosquito has deeper bass than these earbuds.

Also the microphone is located at my belt buckle. This would be great if my voice came out of my belly button but instead it comes out of my mouth making the microphone completely useless.

PIN/ID
    nada
    the mic on the BB eargels is in the cylindrical housing, that houses the pause button, which is only 3 1/2" from one of the earbuds. Unless you are extremely short, you must be talking about the buds that come with some of the devices. The mic is not in the little plastic piece where the two wires connect.

Well on my Blackberry branded earbuds the Y-connector is just above the bottom of my ribcage. In the single cable that goes to the plug, 8" further down, is the cylindrical microphone with pause button.

Just an FYI--not trying to start a flame war.

If it helps I got them at Blackberryden dot com.

PIN/ID
    nada
    It's all good. I dont think we are talking about the same eargels. These are fairly new and eshoplimited just started carrying them 6 weeks ago. There is a 2" long plastic piece thats only about 3" from one of the buds in line. This houses the pause button and the mic, so its positioned right at the users mouth. Anyway, I like em for the price, except for the lack of bass. I've got a $40 pair of sonys that dont sound half as good.