Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Of course, like anyone I'd like to see higher capacity chip capability. But then again, ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

Russr42 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Of course, like anyone I'd like to see higher capacity chip capability. But then again, I went to Buy com and bought two Kingston 1GB mini-SD chips for $20 each after rebate. I know 2GB chips cost much more, inasmuch as manufacturers charge more for the next jump.

I hope that was a long time ago, I just ordered 2 1 gb cards for $7 each from some company associated with amazon. They were SanDisk, but work just fine. I've also found I can hide an extra card under the battery case.

clint1969 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: MicroSD Max size

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Yes, you can use a 2GB micro SD in your Pearl

Rcbjr.
    hi there
    every one say that you need to update your software to rogers firmware to get the 2gb card to work is that true if so do you know the link .
    thank you clint

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

I bought my pearl, the next day I bough ta 2 gii Micro SD Card. My phone is running fine. I have over 200 wallpapers, almost 100 pictures, over 50 songs, and the movie's Shrek 3 and Night of The Living Dead, with 798mb to spare. A 2gig will work. TMO BB Support "strongly suggests" a 1gig to be used on the pearl and says a 2gig might glitch the phone or card... but like I said, I haven't had any problems left and I'm loving everything I can store on this puppy!

nsaneone no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24237FED

I bought a 4 GB SanDisk MicroSd and it works with v4.2.1.107 with T-Mobile. Shows up 3.7 GB.

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~nice...I was afraid to buy one cuz no one really knew...or at least I didn't think anyone did! I'm dedinatly getting one now!!!!

PIN/ID
    24237FED

~via BB I put about (wap.pinstack.com)~ the 4 gb card is working no problem. Actually I think it is faster then my 2 gb. The only problem I have had is with the computer not recognizing it without having nothing on it. Had to use BB desktop manager to load all my songs.

madetosink no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC9D3F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~strange...so your saying if there are files on the card your pc won't recognize it? Have you tried formatting it with either your pearl or your pc?

PIN/ID
    24237FED

Had to format it first with BB then it found it. Would think it would of found it right off and try to format it or something.

rsx19 no está en línea Stack level 1

i use a 2 gig sandisk micro sd and it works

and for the guy who said he couldnt wait for the 4 gig to come out...theres never going to be a regular 4 gig because the filesystem on an sdcard is like fat 13/16 and can only support up to 2 gig but if the pearl were to get a new update supporting sdhc cards then it would be possible to get up to 32 gig because its fat32

does the pearl support sdhc cards?

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by rsx19
    i use a 2 gig sandisk micro sd and it works

and for the guy who said he couldnt wait for the 4 gig to come out...theres never going to be a regular 4 gig because the filesystem on an sdcard is like fat 13/16 and can only support up to 2 gig but if the pearl were to get a new update supporting sdhc cards then it would be possible to get up to 32 gig because its fat32

does the pearl support sdhc cards?
    If he is using a 4gb card then yes...... There is 6 gb card as well now.
    BB8900 is mine!

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by nsaneone
    ~via BB I put about (wap.pinstack.com)~ the 4 gb card is working no problem. Actually I think it is faster then my 2 gb. The only problem I have had is with the computer not recognizing it without having nothing on it. Had to use BB desktop manager to load all my songs.
    Make sure you have USB 2.0 installed on your PC, and make sure your keyboard isn't locked (don't ask me why, but my BB's not recognized until the keyboard's unlocked.) If your computer isn't set up to already give you a pop-up list of options upon installing a new drive, go to My Computer. It will be listed as either F, G, or H Drive... depending on how many drives your computer remembers you using.

pprovart no está en línea Stack level 2

Search the forums, 4gb is supported as of 4.blah.103 ... i'm waiting for 8Gb then out goes my iPOD.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

I'm also waiting for the 8gb. Have a 2gb in and its full. Have a lot of music (1.4gb) and a few videos.but want to put more on. About 5gb of music is waiting. Come on
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MKhora no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241AAFB7

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    I think that's another bug:

When a 2GB microSD memory card is inserted in a BlackBerry Pearl 8100 smartphone, the LCD screen on the BlackBerry Pearl will not turn on, and the red LED will blink continually.
    The BlackBerry Pearl supports memory cards with up to 1GB storage capacity.
    This is a previously reported issue that has been escalatedby RIM's development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.
    I have a 2GB SANDISK and it works great on my pearl sounds like an OS issue. I have the latest OS so I would assume thats exactly what it is
    Next Level Design By Sinista Graphix!

mdillon no está en línea Stack level 1

my wife has a 2gb card in her pearl and no problems. works the same as my 1gb

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast