I'm trying to install a media card in my 8130, and it just won't go ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

powerdog no está en línea Stack level 2

media card won't insert!

Advertisement

I'm trying to install a media card in my 8130, and it just won't go in straight. It either shifts up or down, but I'd have to really force it to make it go in straight.

I have the printed information on the card facing up toward the screen and the arrow facing in. That's right, isn't it? Any suggestions?

FF2
    FF2 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: media card won't insert!

It should not take force. Align the contacts on the card with those on the device and then slide the latch into place.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

it is kind of tricky. i havent put one in my wifes 8100 yet but i did put one in my 8300. there is a guide that the card has to slide into, this guide hinges up and down. make it hinge up then slide the card in to where the metal contact on the card will be on the metal contacts (prongs) of the phone. its kind of like puttin a letter in an envelope. then it hinges back down flat, and the lock slides one way or the other to secure it. this "envelope" looking straight down on it when it is raised up looks liketwo c's facing one another-this is the trough. at least thats the way it is on the 8300, if i remember correctly. hope this helps.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

The 8130 goes in on the side not through a tray in the back like the 8100 and 8300.

I personally have not installed one in those units yet so this is just a best idea based off other side loading devices. Try turning the card over and see if you get the same results. I don't honestly know if the contacts on that unit are on the bottom or the top but just guessing that they are actually on the top side of the slot (near the LCD) and not the bottom. That would make the contacts closer to the main board.

Zo

PIN/ID
    nada

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    The 8130 goes in on the side not through a tray in the back like the 8100 and 8300.

I personally have not installed one in those units yet so this is just a best idea based off other side loading devices. Try turning the card over and see if you get the same results. I don't honestly know if the contacts on that unit are on the bottom or the top but just guessing that they are actually on the top side of the slot (near the LCD) and not the bottom. That would make the contacts closer to the main board.

Zo
    thank you, i wasnt sure about the 8130, just mine.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Not a problem. It was one of the changes they made based off customer feedback. By loading from the side it doesn't require removing the battery or battery cover and makes it more convenient (sp?). I am waiting to get a hold of an 8120 which hopefully should be soon since T-Mobile finalized the purchase of Suncom last night.

Zo

powerdog no está en línea Stack level 2

Well, the secret is: I had the card upside down. If you watch the video on inserting the media card (on the BB website), you can't tell which side is up, but you do see a little printing on the bottom of the card. That's misleading, because it's actually the back of the card (with the contacts), as you're looking from the front of the phone.

PIN/ID
    nada

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    Not a problem. It was one of the changes they made based off customer feedback. By loading from the side it doesn't require removing the battery or battery cover and makes it more convenient (sp?). I am waiting to get a hold of an 8120 which hopefully should be soon since T-Mobile finalized the purchase of Suncom last night.

Zo
    that would be a LOT easier. its was a tremendous hassle to get the media card in!