Otterbox has the "membrane" that protects the entire front of the 8310 with their defender ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

shftatsix no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242CE81D

Looking for keyboard/screen protection 8310

Advertisement

Otterbox has the "membrane" that protects the entire front of the 8310 with their defender series cases. I used this and found it too bulky for my liking, I sold the case and kept the membrane for future use with other cases. I chopped off the back and use it now under my hybrid case from seidio. But unfortunately its getting scratched up and im in search of a replacement.

The best thing I could do right now is to get a brand new membrane from otterbox, but they dont sell JUST the membrane, I like best skins ever but they do not have a keyboard protection.

Any products out there that have screen & keyboard protection?

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    I don't think there is anything available like you describe.

shftatsix no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242CE81D
    Theres no full "face" protection? Seidio, hop on that idea and make some money

iPhoneSoWhat no está en línea Stack level 1
    Heh. You should have been at WES. OtterBox was giving away their cases.

I don't have a solution for you, but I have to wonder about the membranes. After finding the OtterBox case too bulky myself, I kept the membrane on and slipped on a rubber case for my 8830. After a while, the membrane became loose and wasn't covering the keys like it used to.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by shftatsix View Post
    Theres no full "face" protection? Seidio, hop on that idea and make some money
    +1

I've even e-mailed them and told them they need to integrate screen protection into their cases. I use their hard rubberized case. The film-based screen protectors, while they certainly do their job, are a pain in the arse to apply for us less than patient types!

Quote Originally Posted by shftatsix View Post
    Otterbox has the "membrane" that protects the entire front of the 8310 with their defender series cases. I used this and found it too bulky for my liking, I sold the case and kept the membrane for future use with other cases. I chopped off the back and use it now under my hybrid case from seidio. But unfortunately its getting scratched up and im in search of a replacement.

The best thing I could do right now is to get a brand new membrane from otterbox, but they dont sell JUST the membrane, I like best skins ever but they do not have a keyboard protection.

Any products out there that have screen & keyboard protection?
    I used this case from Speck:

http://www.speckproducts.com/product...berry-curve/96

Gets kinda scratched up after awhile and dust can accumulate under the cover, but it's a good case and fits well. Can even be used with the OEM BlackBerry case if you don't want to use the accompanying holster.

Sorry.....just reread the original post and noticed you were looking for FULL FACE protection.

As far as I know, Otterbox is the only manufacturer to offer anything like that.