Has anyone tried the new bluetooth Jawbone? www. jawbone .com/ If it delivers what it ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

SassySweet no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Jawbone Bluetooth

Advertisement

Has anyone tried the new bluetooth
    Jawbone?

www.jawbone.com/

If it delivers what it promises it should be awesome.... I asking because I'm tired of buying them and not liking... let me know

thanks
    Thanks
    Sassy

showngo no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Jawbone Bluetooth

Yes I have been using it with my 8800 for a couple of weeks now. Works really well for me and is fantastic sounding for those on the other end. The only complaint I have is that it is not easy to put on your ear. Other than that I love it.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Sassysweet, I thought mine sounded great. However, I couldn't get a comfortable fit and had to return it after a week. It was just too much of a hassle to put on. There are probably 5 threads here on the Stacks with reviews. Here's one: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...et_review.html.

garran no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

There was another member who posted a similar inquiry in the Bluetooth forum ...

This was my response:
    I agree with the majority of folks who responded. I got mine early in May and absoutely love it. The noise cancellation works as advertised however the fitting takes some time to get it right. If you're patient you shouldn't have any problems.

truthlikegold no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F9FC5C

The loose rubber on the earpiece weakens after wearing it a while, and past that it's fairly comfortable. Took mine a couple weeks to fit right. From what I can tell, it's a much more customizable fit than any other headset; you've just got to be patient with the fitting process.
    Riley @ BLOODberry 23F9FC5C

"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained
    not by its growth, but by washing away
    from it all that is not gold."

chynatown no está en línea Stack level 1

I've been using mine for about a week now. Sounds great on both ends, but the only complaint I have is the earpiece. It will take some time for me to get use to it. I've been using a Jabra BT500v for awhile now and I'm used to it fitting right in the ear. Overall, it's been good!!!!!!!!!!!!

amosrock no está en línea Stack level 2

i've had mine for a couple months...i wouldn't use anything else...its the best bluetooth headset i've ever used

chrisb3 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3048984c

Quote Originally Posted by chynatown
    I've been using mine for about a week now. Sounds great on both ends, but the only complaint I have is the earpiece. It will take some time for me to get use to it. I've been using a Jabra BT500v for awhile now and I'm used to it fitting right in the ear. Overall, it's been good!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Many Jawbone users have swapped out the default eargel for Jabra ones and claim they work much better in the ear. They also say that it sounds better with the Jabras in too.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by chrisb3
    Many Jawbone users have swapped out the default eargel for Jabra ones and claim they work much better in the ear. They also say that it sounds better with the Jabras in too.
    Can you purchase the Jabra eargel seprately? or do you have to buy a jabra headset just to get it?

sigmamason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22BFEE32

Jawbone is pretty good, but it takes forever to put on and literally impossible with one hand...I switch btwn that and the Nokia BH900

If only someone made a sliding boom headset with active noise cancel and it was liteweight...
    We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight!!

danbevington no está en línea Stack level 1

Does anyone know if this headset can be bought in the UK yet?
    Or are you lucky guys "over the pond" the only ones to get it?

Dan.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by RemyKirin
    Can you purchase the Jabra eargel seprately? or do you have to buy a jabra headset just to get it?
    You can buy two different types of Jabra eargels. One is significantly larger than the other.

Some people have used the large ones with the Jawbone, but only by tearing the little plastic disk out of the Jawbone "eargel" and popping the large Jabra ear gel over it, and then attaching to the Jawbone.

Instead, go for the Jabra "MiniGel" replacements. When you remove the stock Jawbone gel, the Jabra mini gel is a nice snug fit directly on the Jawbone, and it stays in place nicely. A set of 4 (2 small round, 2 oval - larger), is $6 or $7 at BestBuy - and on their website too:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1091099812631

I started using the Jabra MiniGel on my JawBone a few days ago:

- overall, more comfortable than the original OEM part on the Jawbone
    - far better sound quality and volume
    - stays on well, for the most part, but not 100% as secure as OEM part

Overall, I'm enjoying the Jawbone a lot more with the Jabra MiniGel in place - and it's cheap enough to make it reasonable to experiment. No disaster if it's not perfect for you.

patnyc no está en línea Stack level 1

I wasn't a big of this headset. My co-worker got and i had a chance to play around with it. Though he says the sound quality is superb. Check cnet.com and view the reviews and reader reviews.