Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Issue positively resolved. See later posts. BSE is a stand up company. Steaming mad at ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

i recommend BSE wholeheartedly-issue resolved!

Advertisement

Issue positively resolved. See later posts. BSE is a stand up company.

Steaming mad at the moment.
    Yesterday we received our BSE screen protectors for my 8900 and my gf 8310. I applied them and was pretty happy until today.
    I was looking at hers and noticed I failed to get an air bubble out. I figured wasn't a prob, I'll remove it and either attempt to reuse or put the other of the 2 pack on. Well this thing peeled the paint off the silver bezel! At first I thought "no way", then I looked at the skin and there was the missing paint.
    It took the paint off in little chips around the blackberry logo above the screen, and about a half inch long thin strip about an inch away.

Angry doesn't touch it. I try to keep all our devices in mint condition, and I'm 100% certain there were NO issues with the paint before installation. I cleaned the screen and followed the directions perfectly.

I thought I'd contact BSE. Well the confirmation email I got wasn't valid for using to contact, and I checked the invoice, nothing. Went to the website and tried to use the "Contact Us" form, which keeps kicking me out without sending anything to BSE.
    We don't have an internet connection out here in the sticks with the computer. I don't know what to do.
    I'm terrified to remove the one on my phone now, afraid it'll damage my phone as well.

Beware removing a skin. As it stands now I'm madder than hell. I tried to reapply so the paint matches up, but you can still tell.
    If anyone has a legit REAL email address, or better a phone number, please share.

I could careless about the lost money. I'm more angry that I have one damaged phone and don't know what to do.
    I know some of you have had good luck. I did with my iPhone. Never again. Oh how I want to speak to someone from BSE.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by jfcooley; 03-12-2009 at 10:27 AM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    If you're trying to contact them from your BB and using the site there is a Captcha security text part. So if you can't see that on your BB then that may be why it is kicking you out.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with the skin.

I see.
    I'm retrying the email address from the confirmation email. I don't know why I can't get it through, but making me madder and madder.

Edit-finally got email w/pics through. I'd rather speak to a person though. Guess it best I can't @ the moment.
    Last edited by jfcooley; 03-06-2009 at 09:36 PM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    sorry you had the issue. i have applied and removed BSE from numerous devices without ever an issue. they have good customer service (although i am sure not open on friday night) so i would just be patient for a reply.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Get you an Otterbox. I recently purchased one for my Curve and I love it. It makes the phone a little more bulky but it's easier for me to hold it and type and it is definitely much more rugged. I've dropped in on a linoleum floor and not a scratch to be found. Plus, it's one of few holders that have the magnetic lock, which I love!!!

It's a little more pricey but if you're looking for device protection, this is the way to go.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Same issue I had with a skin as well. Quite a disappointment. Which is why I just use screen protectors and nothing that actually touches the housing.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to get flamed for this, but I have to say it any way.

I understand you're mad as hell, but I've heard nothing but good things about BSE, even though I've never personally used one. Relax a little. It's a phone. **** happens, and it probably would have been dropped within a month anyway. It's not like your 2008 C6 Z06 Vette got a door ding at the mall.

I love my Blackberry, but I certainly wouldn't let my blood pressure get out of control over it. Take a deep breath. With the way the economy is, be thankful you can afford to pay for the data plan.

Peace out.

(No I don't have the Vette. It's my dream car. )

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to get flamed for this, but I have to say it any way.

I understand you're mad as hell, but I've heard nothing but good things about BSE, even though I've never personally used one. Relax a little. It's a phone. **** happens, and it probably would have been dropped within a month anyway. It's not like your 2008 C6 Z06 Vette got a door ding at the mall.

I love my Blackberry, but I certainly wouldn't let my blood pressure get out of control over it. Take a deep breath. With the way the economy is, be thankful you can afford to pay for the data plan.

Peace out.

(No I don't have the Vette. It's my dream car. )
    True.
    I think that the best practice here is PATIENCE.
    1. The skin isn't fully cured for nearly 3 or 4 days. Expectations of all air bubbles and smoothness to be achieved before then is asking for a lot.
    2. In posting anything being so hot shows a little lack of judgment. I hope that you follow up with just as an eager ambition when BSE responds.

I, like CHERRI, have used and removed a lot of BSE without any issue. I will continue to use them and appreciate the price point and speed of customer service.

Best regards
    cHAd
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

A good nighs sleep helps.
    I'm not going into it, but we don't have much thganks to ex.

Guess over the years I've grown to really appreciate the few things I do have.
    I was just surprised at the paint being peeled. Hadn't heard of it or expected.

I sent an email w/pics, just going to wait until Mon or Tuesday to see if I hear back.

As for patience, perhaps. Since it was made to protect the device I wouldn't have expected a peel like that no matter when I removed it. I did it very very slowly.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Hey, for what its worth, I would be really upset too. I'm like you in that I try to keep my devices in pristine condition, and it is upsetting when something like that happens.

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    I love the BSEs and think they have the best skins on the market. Additionally their customer service is excellent. I have installed their skins on six Blackberries and have had a couple of instances where some paint chipped off. Not sure if it was the skin or my Seidio holster but as another poster said, nothing to really get bent out of shape over.

JR

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by JR_Rider View Post
    .................a couple of instances where some paint chipped off. Not sure if it was the skin or my Seidio holster but as another poster said, nothing to really get bent out of shape over.

JR
    I disagree. I just ordered on of these skins. We buy these skins and cases not only to make it convenience for use but to protect our devices - not to peel the paint off of them and make them look abused! If a skin or screen protector did this it IS a big deal.

I do agree with the others though - give their CS time to reply - they can't be available 24/7. Good luck, jbcooley. Let us know what happens.

BTW, JR, I've been using Seidio cases for a long time and never known one of them to remove any paint from a BB...and the DO protect from dropping too in my experience.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Not flaming you at all, but I have to say I'm surprised @ attitudes that its "just a thing".
    I paid $200 for that curve, and while it may just be peeled paint, its been damaged by something purchased to protect it from just that.

I didn't spend money to just dress up the blackberry. I spent it to keep it looking as good as it did and to not have to worry as much about something like that happening.

Some may be able to spend $200 on something and not care if it gets scratched but I do. Especially if the product is sold and designed to protect that device.
    If I had done this myself, dropped it or whatever then yeah, my fault and only person to get upset with is me. When the i Phone was dropped and the screen cracked I didn't run to apple. Heck, even told them it was my bad when I called for repair costs.

Part of the reason I'm bothered by this is simply the fact I bought this to keep an expensive device looking new. I take great care to be careful with my devices. Why would anyone spend any amount of money to protect something then shrug it off when that product damages the device?
    Hell, with that perspective I should have saved the money and just chucked the phone unprotected in my car, pocket etc.

As for BSE, I'm waiting for a reply. Its the weekend and I'm guessing I'll hear something by mon/tue. I honestly don't have a clue as to what I expect from them on this. It isn't a small thing as far as how bad, you cam notice it at a glance. I'm realistic however, and don't want them to replace the blackberry. I would like them and others to be aware that this can occur and some type of warning should be offered. I wouldn't have purchased if I thought for a moment that it would peel the finish off.

In regards to my post, well involve anything I paid good money for I'm going to be upset. I've seen similar complaints in regards to battery doors etc.
    If I've offended anyone's sensibilities then my apologies, but no screen protector should damage (even cosmetically) a device its put on. It the opposite of what its purchased for.
    Last edited by jfcooley; 03-07-2009 at 02:04 PM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    In regards to my post, well involve anything I paid good money for I'm going to be upset. I've seen similar complaints in regards to battery doors etc.
    If I've offended anyones sensibilities then my apologies, but no screen protector should damage (even cosmetically) a device its put on. It the opposite of what its purchased for.
    You don't owe anyone an apology here, jf. No screen protector should damage the device it's put on, ESPECIALLY cosmetically. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    ^^ I agree with you 100%
    The product you buy that"s supposed to protect your device should not damage it! I have a BSE on my bold and would hate for this to happen to me.
    You deserve to get your money back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast