So I, like every other person who has become addicted to modding, am constantly looking ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3

i ordered the colored trackballs from http://cnn.cn

Advertisement

So I, like every other person who has become addicted to modding, am constantly looking for ways to change the appearance of my phones and individualize them.

My Javelin was going to get the red trackball to offset the all black appearance with the black bezel and batt door. And my similarly blacked out Bold was going to forgo the customized black for the yellow trackball.

But alas, this is not to be.

It seems that the trackballs were put into some dye to get their colour (obvious enough I guess) but the dye seeps into the grainy texture on the trackball that allows the sensors to track motion.

In otherwords it skips! And not just every now and then... It was scrolling up when I was scrolling down! Lol.

This may wear out after a few hours of use, but if you are anything like me, and most BlackBerry users are, you can't live without your berry for that long.

I quickly swapped back to my G1 trackballs and am now once again sporting two blacked out devices.

And I guess the saying is true... Cause I'll never go back.

~ sent with Krik's Jav ~
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    so you are saying we should NOT order the colored ones?

i'm thinking of getting the black bezel and black ball for my new bold so the black trackballs are ok?

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3
    Black trackballs are fine. I would strongly suggest the G1 trackball as it is black with a black ring compared to the 8900 trackball which is more of a charcoal colour and has a white or metal ring.

Also, if you plan on getting a coloured (red, yellow, or purple). Go ahead and maybe some one wants to spend some time breaking one it and let us know how it goes. But I definitely wouldn't place an order just for the trackball.

(Cherri if you order the black bezel make sure you order the buttons AND the battery door release. It's not included in the buttons package.)

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Good to know ~ thanks Krik

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by KriK View Post
    Black trackballs are fine. I would strongly suggest the G1 trackball as it is black with a black ring compared to the 8900 trackball which is more of a charcoal colour and has a white or metal ring.

Also, if you plan on getting a coloured (red, yellow, or purple). Go ahead and maybe some one wants to spend some time breaking one it and let us know how it goes. But I definitely wouldn't place an order just for the trackball.

(Cherri if you order the black bezel make sure you order the buttons AND the battery door release. It's not included in the buttons package.)

Yep do that for sure... though I do like the silver buttons for contrast. But I would use the black button on memory card door only.