Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I can't decide between the hybrid or all black. Decisions, decisions. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~... BlackBerry Accessories forum

BusterJames no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2422753A

Re: Hybrid Hard case owners?

Advertisement

I can't decide between the hybrid or all black. Decisions, decisions.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou View Post
    Will the Hybrid case dock on this charger with the case on? I have this charger enroute but want to make sure it will fit. If so I will order the case as well. The charge is Blackberry Curve Power Station.

Kevin
    Not sure if it will fit or not but if it is not built by Seidio I bet it will not since those side bars look fitted for the Curve and the Seidio cases (hybrid, clear or black) all add a little bit to all edges.

Also, it doesn't really charge from that base does it? Doesn't there have to be a usb cable to go up to the side to provide a power input to charge the battery in the phone? It looks like there is a space for an extra battery to charge also behind...where did you get this charger?

Thanks,

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by BusterJames View Post
    I can't decide between the hybrid or all black. Decisions, decisions.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Here is a good review (care of joewoo above) and it has comments on the hybrid versus the black. It is what I used to go with the all black model.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...se_review.html

Here is a post of some pics of my case. I love it in or out of the holster. Good luck!

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?p=489106#post489106
    Last edited by TheRiddler; 11-07-2007 at 06:07 PM.

BusterJames no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2422753A

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiddler View Post
    Here is a good review (care of joewoo above) and it has comments on the hybrid versus the black. It is what I used to go with the all black model.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...se_review.html

Here is a post of some pics of my case. I love it in or out of the holster. Good luck!

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...106#post489106
    Cool, Thanks Riddler. I think I have decided to order the all black. BTW nice theme, I use the same one but with an eye that takes up the hole screen, pretty freaky.

Mizzou no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20E22C7E

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiddler View Post
    Also, it doesn't really charge from that base does it? Doesn't there have to be a usb cable to go up to the side to provide a power input to charge the battery in the phone? It looks like there is a space for an extra battery to charge also behind...where did you get this charger?

Thanks,
    I just did a search on Ebay for Blackberry Power Charger. It comes up with several, but I look for the ones that 50-70 dollars to find the one I want.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou View Post
    Will the Hybrid case dock on this charger with the case on? I have this charger enroute but want to make sure it will fit. If so I will order the case as well. The charge is Blackberry Curve Power Station.

Kevin
    So does this fit with the Seidio Hybrid case?

jennzy no está en línea Stack level 2

if u drop it, doesn't it break because its a plastic case?
    i'm debating btwn a hard case or a rubber case for my bb

map1978 no está en línea Stack level 2

i chose this case over the oem silicon rubbery thing because i really didnt think those oem ones will last that long. LOVING the hybrid case. no bulk added, and the black back feels great while typing or holding for convos. Only problem now im having is finding a case that will fit the curve with the hybrid case on. Any suggestions from you guys?

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

Apologies for tailgating an older post.

I ordered a rubberized case / holster combo for my 8800 from Seido recently, but hasn't arrived yet (not worried, it's too early for Canada delivery).

The first thing I want to do is remove the sleeper magnet. Does it look like it's something that will remove easily? I do realize it will void my warranty, but I am not concerned with that. I have an Otterbox 1933 to fall back on, which I removed the magnet from also (with a hot soldering iron heating up the magnet to make it melt right through and fall out).

I can't tell from any of the pictures how the magnet is placed in the holster to determine how removable it is. I am taking my chances that I can remove the magnet on the holster, otherwise it will sit in my "dead holster pile" with all my other holsters that I haven't tried removing the magnet from (they are mostly stitched leather ones thus far -- and I don't think I can sew 'em back together so I haven't tried, heh).
    -Klotar
    Supervising Manager of the Department of Redundancy Department.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

^^Let me know if you are able to remove that and how it goes as I don't care for this feature in the holster either. Thanks

PIN/ID
    207BADEB

I scoured around on the net, and if this shot is any indication (this one is for the Curve), I think I will be a happy camper.

-Klotar

BERRYCURVE no está en línea Stack level 5

I have that Seido case and I luv it. Keeps the curve snug and you can insert the phone front or back

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Yeah that's the one I have but Klotar it's a sleeper magnet holster, so not sure how happy you're gonna be
    Other than that, I love the holster.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

PIN/ID
    207BADEB

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    Yeah that's the one I have but Klotar it's a sleeper magnet holster, so not sure how happy you're gonna be
    Other than that, I love the holster.
    Oh. Well, I was assuming that shiny silver round thing was the magnet (i.e. easy to get at and remove). The plan was, if it wouldn't pry out, I'd melt it out (melt the surrounding area that is) by heating the silver disc up.

But if that silver disc isn't the magnet and it's hidden somewhere, then okay I won't be quite as happy, hehe. Can you confirm if that's the magnet, Lavagirl?

Edit: ah yes, I see. I just zoomed in on the picture and now it looks more like a sticker. I guess I will have to use a metal object to try to find it and mark the spot first.
    Last edited by Klotar; 01-22-2008 at 09:09 AM.
    -Klotar

PIN/ID
    207BADEB

Well, for those interested, my Seidio rubberized hard case and holster arrived yesterday.

It is very nice looking and slim (I was getting a lot of teasing for using my Otterbox case and holster), and looks to be well constructed.

The magnet does not appear to be removable, it seems to be encased inside the plastic holster, and for the most part I can't even tell where it is. So contrary to what I posted above, I won't be trying to remove the magnet.

Although it was a bummer that my preset alarm didn't go off this morning, because the Profile Scheduler could not change the profile from Vibrate back to Normal while holstered; I think I may make some profile exceptions and allow certain sounds in Vibrate mode to get around this. That, and remembering to unholster my BB shortly after profile change time and some other profile tweaks will hopefully make the transition smoother. Or getting into the habit of going to sleep with the phone unholstered. It won't be quite as 'set and forget' as it has been but I'm going to give it a go.
    -Klotar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12