taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Holsters, Extended Battery, and eGrips

Advertisement

The front:

Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a

I'll order these too when I get home. Good job!

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Just an update on the extended battery life: I charged it fully Monday and it is now Thursday afternoon and I still have 40% battery power left (much different from what I originally posted but that wasn't starting from a full battery. I started with a full battery this time). This is of course with moderate texting, emailing, PIN usage, heavy game playing, browsing (posting on Pinstack and reading my RSS feeds), turning the backlight down to 4 (used to be able to turn it all the way down to 0),turning off the LED at night, and just leaving it sitting around not connected to the pc.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-11-2006 at 08:01 PM.

Experiment over: I got 4 days out of my extended battery. I used PIN, email, text, and instant messaging; browsing (posting on pinstack.com); and games.

PIN/ID
    23d2215a

My extended battery (and other goodies) is on the way. I hope to have it this afternoon. I'll be playing this weekend (and correcting papers). Thanks for the report!

How about the egrips and the extended battery door? Any issues there?

The egrips weren't a problem with my case but the extended battery/door kit took some work to get it into the case.

PIN/ID
    23d2215a

My goodies arrived today. I had to trim the egrips for the extended battery door. I'm not so good at paper-dolls, so it's not a tidy trim, but it works. The extended battery installed right away, had enough charge to power the 8700c for awhile (about 20%), and is now charging in the cradle on my home-office desk.

The cradle works with the extended battery and egrips just fine. I like having my BB angled and visible while it's parked on my desk.

The extended BB still fits in my case, but it's quite tight. It will stretch with time, however, I'm confident, and will be just fine in a few days after I have a chance to work with it some. I'll have to be careful on extraction, though, that I don't let it hang on the case and drop it, even with the egrips.

I loaded the Freedom Keyboard driver, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. It feels sturdy and comes with a nice zippered back. I think it's small enough to fit in the back pocket of my jeans without too much trouble. If not, it'll be easy enough to carry with my paper journal and pen bag.

I'll report back when I have a chance for everything to "wear in."

I am looking for a BT keyboard that I can go online and install drivers for because my CD ROM drive (external) that I got with my PC is a total PITA. Won't reload anything and I can't go to a store and get another one.

PIN/ID
    23d2215a

The Freedom Keyboard uses either CD-install or OTA install for the drivers. You need the key from the back of the CD sleeve to login to their website. But it was trivial to download and install the driver.

I'll put some hours on the keyboard and write a review for the site. From my very limited playing with it, the feel is right and the size is about right. I'm very picky about keyboards, so I should be a good reviewer.

rcg
    rcg no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    I am looking for a BT keyboard that I can go online and install drivers for because my CD ROM drive (external) that I got with my PC is a total PITA. Won't reload anything and I can't go to a store and get another one.
    As posted the Freedom is available as an OTA download.
    Last edited by rcg; 05-23-2006 at 08:33 PM.

w8rz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32B06BDB

I find it interesting that when I go to blackberrystuff.com, everytime I check on the new shipping date for the extended life battery, the time frame is always the same (i.e. when I check the date of delivery or rather the day that I can order it, there is always a 10 day time frame in other words, they change the date each & every day to maintain that 10 day time frame or duration!) Of coarse I have an 8703e & the battery door appears to be identical to the 8700g. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Anyone else have a heads up on weather the ELB will be available from any after market businesses in the not to distant future?

From the South end of Lake Erie.

</IMG>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12