I'm confused. The headset jack on the Curve is a 3.5mm 'female' jack. When I ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

PoliceDog no está en línea Stack level 3

Headset adaptor for Curve

Advertisement

I'm confused.

The headset jack on the Curve is a 3.5mm 'female' jack. When I was a Treonaut, everyone was complaining because Treos, and most other Smartphones, have the standard 2.5mm 'female' JACK...which is why all wired mike/earpiece combinations or headsets for cellphones and cordless 'home' phones have a 2.5mm 'male' PLUG. Treo users, et al, were upset that they had to purchase an adapter to use their 3.5mm plug stereo headsets with the 2.5mm Treo jack to listen to the MP3 files stored on their SD cards.

Now I can use my stereo headset to listen to MP3 files on my Curve -- but WHAT are the options for using my wired Etymotic mike/earpiece for the phone? (Yes, I have already ordered the appropriate adapter from Seidio.)

From what I can see, there are three options: you can use the stereo ear plugs that came with the BB, you can use a 'normal' cellular wired mike/earpiece as long as you purchase the Seidio adapter, or you can use a Bluetooth head(ear?)set?

Have I got it right?

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80

Re: Headset adaptor for Curve

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    People are never happy hehe

PoliceDog no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Headset adaptor for Curve

Quote Originally Posted by ebanga
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    People are never happy hehe
    I'm always happy!

Just wondering what I can buy if I don't want to use the factory stereo headset or a Bluetooth headset (at least until my adapter arrives)?

Any links to a simple wired earpiece/mike combination that does NOT have the current standard 2.5mm plug would be appreciated.