Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So I searched endlessly for an adapter to fit my normal headphones. What you need ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

bpwtx2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb For anyone confused about the pearl's headphone jack

Advertisement

So I searched endlessly for an adapter to fit my normal headphones. What you need is an adapter from radioshack. If you have the standard 1/8th headphone plug, you need a 1/8th to 3/32 in. converter. The pearl's headphone jack, located on the top left side, is 3/32.
    This was confusing for me, because Seidio lists an adapter in millimeters.
    Hope this helps.
    Here's the Radioshack part #'s:
    1/8" Stereo Jack to 3/32" Stereo Plug Adapter
    Model: 274-373
    Catalog #: 274-373

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9
    useful post, bpwtx2, thanks for sharing

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~did you use it yet and did it work?

I know some have had trouble with a standard 2.5 to 3.5 stereo adaptre because it doesn't have connections for the mic wire.

tony597fittr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B9B8D
    How much did it cost from RS?

bobmcelroy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24533BD3
    I found one with a mic

bpwtx2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    It doesn't contain a mic, but it will pause anything on an incoming call. Its about 3.99.
    The quality is stereo, but with the limitations of the small jack on the pearl, the quality is slightly less than a 1/8th jack. Though this may be because i'm listening to my pearl only in my car, whose speakers are archaic!

NRGZ28 no está en línea Stack level 1
    So you're saying that jack size has something to do with the quality ? lol I hope you were kidding

Dieselburns no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EOA448
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I just bought the jack it cost me $5 from radio shack! When useing the jack everytime I use my regular headphones the voice app comes up! Also sometimes only one side of the headphone works and I have to play with the jack a little so I can here both sides of my headphones!

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Supposedly the deal is first plug phones into jack, then jack into Pearl. Something to do with the Pearl recognizing there are R and L channels when the thing is plugged in.

Dieselburns no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EOA448
    Now its getting anoying! I have to play with the jack everytime now to order to hear from both sides of the headphones!

anonymous no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: For anyone confused about the pearl's headphone jack

Those adapters are well known to break. I would recommend getting one of those blackberry headphones they sell on eBay that also works as a handsfree headset with microphone. I bought one for $11 including shipping and its that style that goes in your ears and acts as earplugs that block out sounds from outside.

Or otherwise buy a 2.5mm set of headphones.

JoshKingston no está en línea Stack level 2

I have the adaptor as well cause I like to use my expencive awsome sennheiser studio monitors cause they sound awsome.
    When I plug them in the voice command thing always comes on but that's ok, the one thing that's annoying is when I get a call it stops the music which is good, but when I finish the call the music comes back on through the phones speakers and not through the headphones anymore, so I have to scramble to get back into the media player to pause and then plug the headphones in and then restart.
    Just kinda embarsasing in public transit

anfrey no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    A5KME41T

will this adapter also handle the MIC IN portion of the jack?

Gambit_642 no está en línea Stack level 1

The generic 3/32-to-1/8 adapors dont work for stereos that recieve dual channel input! If you buy a generic 3-band 3/32-to-1/8 adaptor (no mic), your stereo will only play 1 channel out of one speaker. If you think you are smart and you buy a generic 4-band 3/32-to-1/8 (with mic) for most phones with mic, the pearl doesnt detect a headset and will play out of the built-in speaker or ear reciever.
    Its the right adaptor, but the Pearl's "smart" sensing of an audio plug wont pick it up.

Wether you want mic or not,
    You need a Pearl specific 3/32-to-1/8 adaptor for dual channel audio output !!!

2 can be found at
    "seido.com"

arni0202 no está en línea Stack level 1

It's so weird maybe my Radioshack's headphone adapters never worked with my Pear 8100. I went in once and switched the phone to headphone mode or whatever it's called, and no sound came out. Then later the next month I tried again with a few more of the same adapters and none of those worked. So the production quality may be lacking in the adapter product. So BEWARE if you're ordering one online. You might also want to check out the Ebay products like the guy on this forum said, they're earbud stereo speakers with a built in mic. They're 7 bucks plus 4 for shipping. they look decent enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast