I've got a minor problem I'm hoping someone has a solution for. My 8700g gets ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

External Antenna for my 8700g

Advertisement

I've got a minor problem I'm hoping someone has a solution for. My 8700g gets pretty good coverage almost anywhere I really need it. Except the lower level of my house ( not the basement, which every phone I've ever had sucks in) I've searched some places and found some signal boosters that are wireless and work in a car, boat, or house that supposedly work well, but to drop $200 plus, is tough without knowing it would work compatibly with my 8700g. I've tried the cheapy signal boosters that go on top of the cell battery, with little or no luck.
    Can anyone offer any first hand guidance or know someone who has had sucess with this or something else?
    Thanks stackers!
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: External Antenna for my 8700g

Yes, I know there is this kind of problem with T-mobile service. It's probably one of the only downfalls of a GSM network, is signal strength in homes. First off, let's make sure you're not in a lead house, right? The one's that I have actually experience using, is either Wilson's Electronics or smooth talker. I have heard good things about both... It's a 3 watt signal booster, that's some serious power...

http://www.smoothtalker.com/

http://www.wilsonelectronics.com/

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That's awesome doobie! I may just have to suck it up and give it a whirl. Thanks so much for your advice. When I do go down this road, I will be sure to post the review!

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

I wish I could remove the antenna on my 7520! I wish RIM would make a flat BB like the Moto Q! I hate using a holster!

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Please do! I have a gentlemen I work with that got the catalog for these. Seems like it might do the trick!

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I am going to check it out later from my pc. Seeing my coverage sucks, it take 4ever to load these pages!
    Thanks again!

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Well, bad news. Looks like from what I can tell, the ones from Smooth Talker, might not support newer models of bb, and it looks like the Wilson one thats wireless, and would support it is going to set me back close to 5 bills. I think thats a bit to much cabbage to justify. I will see what else I can unearth. My business( and pleasure!) are important, but seeing there are some areas in my house getting some coverage, that cost is going to be impossible, when factoring in the divorce costs as well =)
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    Yes, I know there is this kind of problem with T-mobile service. It's probably one of the only downfalls of a GSM network, is signal strength in homes. First off, let's make sure you're not in a lead house, right? The one's that I have actually experience using, is either Wilson's Electronics or smooth talker. I have heard good things about both... It's a 3 watt signal booster, that's some serious power...

http://www.smoothtalker.com/

http://www.wilsonelectronics.com/

I can vouch for Wilson Electonics. Not on the BB in question but as a company in general. They provide car, truck and RV mounted antennas that I hear from many of my customers work very well while traveling through remote areas, and even while parked (RV).

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I sell wilson antenna for iden network and all I know is they work pretty well so the gsm one could handle pretty well I think

lost1 no está en línea Stack level 1

I use the Wilson in my car and home and I can attest to the quality. I purchased the dual band model so if I change carriers, I have no worries (well, except for Nextel, but I won't use them). Just make sure you go to a reliable shop and they install it right and use a dual band antenna. I did mount my antenna externally, but they also make inside the glass dual band antennas but I not sure how well they work. The same shop can also help you out with your home - I use the local shop where I live that does the PD and FD work for their radios, so if you're uncertain and see a bunch of teenagers, I'd suggest moving on to a radio store so you get some experience on mounting using the best methods.