I've put together a creative solution for easy car mounting of my BlackBerry (and my ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Creative Magnetic Car Mount

I've put together a creative solution for easy car mounting of my BlackBerry (and my wife's too) by combining the products from two separate companies.

First I selected the appropraite car mount piece from ProClip , they simply make the best and most seamless car mount holders.

Then I selected the Ram Mount magnetic mounting plate (called "RAM POWER PLATE II") and ordered the cheaper unpackaged version:

Then I mounted the ProClip to the car, and screwed in the magnetic power plate to the ProClip. I did have to use sharp/short wood type screws rather than than the machine screws included with the Power Plate. Then I attached the small metal disc to the back of my BlackBerry.

The final effect is seamless. I simply put my BlackBerry up to the ProClip/PowerPlate and it is magnetically attached creating a smooth easy way to attach/remove method. No visible cradle. The PowerPlate kit includes a larger metal plate if you want it to REALLY GRAB (like if you go off-roading a lot). Both plate sizes fit on the BlackBerry (8300) no problem.

I did this because I have on the BlackBerry's the protective rubber skin, which means they don't fit into any pre-formed custom phone holders. And it is really easy to take it on/off while driving to check something.
    Last edited by Flashman; 06-14-2007 at 03:15 PM.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Creative Magnetic Car Mount

ok show us a pic of this setup installed... I'm curious
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

northfield no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Creative Magnetic Car Mount

~via BB ( to, sounds creative