I just got my black bezel from cnn without buttons. Has anyone had experience changing ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

changing to black bezel from cnn

Advertisement

I just got my black bezel from cnn without buttons. Has anyone had experience changing the buttons?

I was able to swap out the keyboard pretty easily but I am a bit gunshy on the button swap.

Advice/help is appreciated
    Michael

Nicholaus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes, I've changed the bezel to a black one, the buttons to black ones, and the trackball to a black one.
    None of it was hard at all.

The buttons come off very easily and just kind of pop back on. There's a rubber piece that slides over a little plastic peg and that's it.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    What about the bottom clip that holds the back cover or the media card cover
    Just as simple?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by mikadad View Post
    What about the bottom clip that holds the back cover or the media card cover
    Just as simple?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The bottom clip is really simple, it just slides out when the middle plate is removed. The media card cover has two pegs on the side that snap into two holes on each side of the bezel. The hardest part of the whole process was replacing the trackball, and just because I didn't take the screen off.

I think KriK here on pinstack posted some pictures when he was replacing the buttons on his bold.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    sorry for the 20 questions...what about the contacts in the bottom corners? they get moved over to? I have everything else moved over and that is the last thing I have to do...
    Michael

sorry for the 20 questions...what about the contacts in the bottom corners? they get moved over to? I have everything else moved over and that is the last thing I have to do...
    No problem, I just took a pair of tweezers and popped them out. They're held in place by the plastic around them, you can pull them out with a pair of tweezers. There's a flat piece of metal that you can grab on the inside. You should see what I'm talking about when you take out the original bezel.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    YAY I GOT IT....i guess this tanks the warranty...since they put that nice white sticker on one of the screws...
    Michael

YAY I GOT IT....i guess this tanks the warranty...since they put that nice white sticker on one of the screws...
    Correct