I need to purchase a case for my 8700, because unless Cingular does something silly ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

wrtgirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23CF680E

Case for 8700

Advertisement

I need to purchase a case for my 8700, because unless Cingular does something silly bill-wise, I'm keeping it.

I was originally looking at the Vaja cases that are "form fitting". I was curious - does anyone have a case that flips open? For my ipod and palm, I was always partial to flip cases, but it seems as if it would sort of be uncomfortable or get in the way with the BB as a phone.

The other option is a slip-case, but I know I'd never be able to find it in my purse in time, plus pull it out of a case, without missing the call. Things get buried in the bottom of my purse when I least expect it.

I'm also not really interested in a holster, since I have no intention of ever wearing the thing and I'd worry about it disappearing if I hooked it to my purse.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Michelle

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Case for 8700

PIN/ID
    23CF680E

Thumbs up Re: Case for 8700

But is the flip case uncomfortable when using it as a phone?

PIN/ID
    ask

PIN/ID
    23CF680E

Just out of curiousity Hayden, what do you use?

PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by wrtgirl
    Just out of curiousity Hayden, what do you use?
    I use this:
    http://www.blackberrysource.com/stor...g.asp?item=202

and my gf this:
    http://www.blackberrysource.com/stor...og.asp?item=74

PIN/ID
    23CF680E

Actually, I rather like the one your gf uses. There are also some nifty ones on that site - in pretty colors of course - but none mention that they fit the 8700. Hmmm.

PIN/ID
    23CF680E

After some poking around, I discovered that Fortte is actually Bellagio. My Palm case is a Bellagio that I absolutely love. Anyway, I ordered their open-face case for the 8700. I know it doesn't have the magnet, etc, etc, but we'll see. With the Pinstack discount, it was a decent price (thanks Hayden!) and I also got to order it in the same lovely navy leather as my Palm case.
    We'll see how I like it - I may switch to a vertical pouch later on. I'm so peculiar about my gadget cases. If I could find one in pink for the 8700 ...

nremtb no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    203c2d33

check out the cases on blackberryden.com. they have alot. i side with the aluminum one that is form fitting inside. let me knwo what you think

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I plan on purchasing the following items later today:

http://www.blackberrysource.com/stor...g.asp?item=200 BlackBerry 7105t Open Face Case

http://www.blackberrysource.com/stor...g.asp?item=262 BlackBerry 7105t eGrips Kit

http://www.blackberrysource.com/stor...g.asp?item=242 Screenguardz for BlackBerry 7105t

What I have a question about is if the screenguardz and eGrips kit will also work with my 7100t. They look identical but each one specifies a different device. What I mean is there is a set of screenguardz for the 7100t and 7105t (same thing with the eGrips). Will the ones for the 7105t work on BOTH devices?
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 03-27-2006 at 12:39 PM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Wrt, excellent choice. I am ordering the open face case for my 7105T. I am also getting a screen protector added (I tend to get my screens dirty and scratch them which hasn't been an issue with the 7105t yet).