Help needed! I am in a buying mood! I am over my Moto HS820. I ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

tweber78 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    214b43dc

buying a new BT headset

Advertisement

Help needed!

I am in a buying mood! I am over my Moto HS820. I want a new BT headset. I will buy one within the next two hours.

PIN me with advice Please!

20268f1e

Tom
    ~Tweber78~
    akatweber78@pinstack.com
    Pinstack.com – where Blackberry Professionals Connect!

PIN/ID
    214b43dc

Re: buying a new BT headset

~~~Posted via Blackberry!~~~
    Thanks to the help of hydn,Viper,gabe,& nutznboltz I am now the proud owner of a Jabra bt800.

I still need to get charged up; but it feel great behind the ear.(Re:Barjohn's review)

I will be sure to post my observations soon.

aosmith Guest

yup i like that headset aswell

nutsnbolts no está en línea Stack Mod

~~~Posted via Blackberry @ wap.pinstack.com~~~

You shouldn't be disappointed. As per my review the headset hangs on the ear so it can vary from person to person the comfort level.

Features wise. It is tremendously packed with it.

PIN/ID
    214b43dc

~~~Posted via Blackberry @ wap.pinstack.com~~~

So here my observations regarding the Jabra BT800 are as follows:

First of all the BT800 is Big and clunky. Upgrading from the rather small Moto HS820 took some time to get use to it. However it does fit pretty snugly around my ear. Reading other reviews I thought that this might be a problem. I guess my ears are the correct size and shape.

The BT800 is more then just a headset. Packed with features it is more like an extension of your mobile device then a headset. The LCD screen and toggle switch allows you to navigate through menus and options. The controls, three buttons and one toggle switch are easy to use and find when the unit is on your ear. The only drawback that I have found with the controls is a lack of responsiveness with the two buttons on the boom. They work; but not the first time everytime.

As far as sound quality goes I could not be happier. The BT800 is far superior to the Moto HS820. Not only is my audiable experience enhanced, everyone I have had a conversation with has commented on the improved sound quaality on their end.

The price tag came in at just under $150.00. Overall I am very pleased with the Jabra BT800. It is a hugh improvement.

nremtb no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    203c2d33

i purchased the bt headset with the retractable mic. great idea but the mic broke off the first two i bought so i returned them for razorwire glasses. definately worth the trade. the only problem i found with the razorwire is that it is set up to answer after two rings, its a pain unless you change that soemtimes you dont want to answer.

wrtgirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23CF680E

Just out of curiousity, why are you "over" your HS820? Are you just bored? (This happens to me often with gadgets ...) I was looking at buying an HS820 and the only complaint I've read, so far, is volume. Thoughts?

nremtb no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    203c2d33

I just seemed to have alot of problems with the bt headset i bought. Maybe its just me, but the razr wire is nice, trouble free, and worth the money. Trust Me.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Can someone PIN me and help me choose one? I got my 7105t and I need a headset as I will be going back to school soon (in August) and for travelling when someone needs to get in touch with me.

Plus I am hopefully going to start working within that time period too. Thanks for the help in advance.

I want to let everyone here know that I found a headset I like. I found the Motorola H500. I was going to go with a Jabra headset but when I saw that the H500 has USB charging, that sealed the deal.

dwella no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2038FB36

I just purchased the Plantronics 640 and waiting for it to arrive. I currently own the 510 and find it great but a little large and geeky...

d

PIN/ID
    214b43dc

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

Erica & Dwella, let us know what you think of your new headset.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Quote Originally Posted by dwella
    I just purchased the Plantronics 640 and waiting for it to arrive. I currently own the 510 and find it great but a little large and geeky...

d
    I tired the 640 a while back and found that it doesn't cancel backround/wind noise as good as the 510 does. Guess I will be sticking to my 'geeky' 510 .

It's hard to give up something that 'just works' for something that works OK but 'looks good'.

bangus236 no está en línea Stack level 3

i bought an unbranded bluetooth headset and it paired ok with my nokia.cant get it paired with my 7290 though. my bb cant seem to find it.