I'm going to get a BSE screen protector, and am thinking about the full skin. ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

BSE full skin owners-info needed

Advertisement

I'm going to get a BSE screen protector, and am thinking about the full skin.
    I love the look and finish of the 8900, prefer to go "naked" as cases tend to bulk the device and/or hide its finish. I keep my phone in my pocket 99% of the time, and am wondering the following about the full skin:

1. Is it more or less "invisible" on the device? I love the black gloss finish.
    2. How is the edge wear? Does it peel back at all or collect lint/dust.

Sorry to sound a bit picky, but I really want to avoid a case. I had a similar case on my iPhone and found I'd have to take the phone out more often than I liked to clean debris from behind the phone. Eventually I gave up and it pitted and scarred the back of the phone.
    Any replies and advice would be welcomed. Thinking of ordering this week.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

joedali no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    I'm going to get a BSE screen protector, and am thinking about the full skin.
    I love the look and finish of the 8900, prefer to go "naked" as cases tend to bulk the device and/or hide its finish. I keep my phone in my pocket 99% of the time, and am wondering the following about the full skin:

1. Is it more or less "invisible" on the device? I love the black gloss finish.
    2. How is the edge wear? Does it peel back at all or collect lint/dust.

Sorry to sound a bit picky, but I really want to avoid a case. I had a similar case on my iPhone and found I'd have to take the phone out more often than I liked to clean debris from behind the phone. Eventually I gave up and it pitted and scarred the back of the phone.
    Any replies and advice would be welcomed. Thinking of ordering this week.
    I highly recommend using BSE and the Tmobile oem case. It adds a good form factor to the device in a good way. I've seen and tried most of the others and this combo rocks for $20 for the 8900.

After putting on the BSE, you will notice bubbles, you will notice imperfections.

Do NOT get discouraged, the BSE seamlessly dissappears onto your BB after about 24 hours.

Don't take it off, don't freak out leave it on.

Yes it is invisible.

No, it does NOT peel up after time, it stays on so well. I had one on my Pearl for nearly 2.5 years without decay.

Lint doesn't get under if you do it right.

BSE rocks!

One more thing, I put them on without water, totally dry using a tweezer to avoid fingerprints.

I don't RTFM.

Last edited by joedali; 03-01-2009 at 06:49 PM. Reason: I'm the reason.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ^^ agree with joe i have used a couple of other 'invisible skins' and this one is hands down the best ...

Well just ordered screen only for gf 8310. Since it made sense I went ahead and ordered the full for mine. My main concern is the fit on the different pieces of the phone.
    I dunno, I'm incredibly picky about how my phones look. At least I can practice putting it on hers first.

Thanks for the replies. Still worried about how it will look.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ^^ check these reviews. maybe that will help you with a visual

8220 BSE

8300 BSE

Thank you. Will do.
    Nice. I'll get some alcohol to clean them both with. The pics helped ease my mind quite a bit. Guess I'll tacke it whenever they get here.
    Last edited by jfcooley; 03-01-2009 at 07:40 PM.