I just bought a GlobalSat BT-368i Bluetooth GPS receiver for use with my Curve 8300. ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

kemtek.1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Bluetooth GPS connection problem on Curve 8300

Advertisement

I just bought a GlobalSat BT-368i Bluetooth GPS receiver for use with my Curve 8300. It is the next generation after the BT-359 that is also sold by AT&T.

I followed the instructions from the BB Curve User's Guide to successfully:
    A) Enable Bluetooth and
    B) Pair the GPS with my phone.

But when I get to the 'connect' step (copied from the guide):

"Verify that Bluetooth® technology is turned on and that your BlackBerry® device is paired with a Bluetooth enabled device.

1. In the device options, click Bluetooth.
    2. Click a Bluetooth enabled device.
    3. Click Connect."

It says that Bluetooth is enabled, and that the puck is paired, but I do not see any option in the menu, or on screen, to Connect per step 3 - there is no 'Connect' button to 'Click'.

Am I missing a step or two (or three)?

If I need to get 'into' the puck's setup I will need to get a dongle to let it talk to my computer.

Phone details:
    Curve 8300
    AT&T service
    Version 4.2.2.89 (Platform 2.4.0.39)

timmy_d_2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kemtek.1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Problem solved

After talking to a 'technician' at the AT&T store, where they said I have to subscribe to Telenav Navigator (now AT&T Navigator) for $9.99 per month, I glommed enough information to figure out what I needed to do.

What they said was that from Navigator I would tell it, the program, to connect to the GPS puck.

So I decided to see what Google Maps would do - I opened Google Maps, pushed the menu button, and there was a menu item I had not noticed before (maybe it was not there before <?magic?>): Bluetooth GPS. I clicked it, it connected, and once it had a satellite lock it put a blue dot "within 20 meters" of my location (much better than the previous 1700 M based on cell towers)

In the Satellite View, zoomed in to the max, the little blue dot is wandering around my front porch and living room - definitely within 20 meters.

I am happy.

blackolive2000 no está en línea Stack level 1

Connect with amAze gps BB 8300 Global Sat BT-359

To connect using the BT-359 from Global Sat:

note: in order for your gps software to work you MUST subscribe to web/email plan prior to running your gps software. With Tmo use the BB plan not tmo web plan.

Turn on puck and pair with BB- outside or near a window for initial activation.
    Activate the AmAze gps software.
    input the user/pass from the website or sign up.

Then you should be able to see the map and menu items.

any questions pm me