I searched and didn't find anything so I want to ask if anyone has tried ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Blackberry BT keyboard

Advertisement

I searched and didn't find anything so I want to ask if anyone has tried one of these keyboards?

http://www.blackberrysource.com/stor....asp?item=188#

It's on blackberry source - I can't find out who the mfg is from their site. I've seen a lot of BT keyboard threads out here but none that mention this one (whatever it is.) The others I've seen all seem to have someone who has had a problem. I'm open to suggestions for any brand - I just don't want to test one out or be disappointed if someone has already had a great experience with one of these.
    Thanks,
    jblackfish

chinesecatt no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Blackberry BT keyboard

Strange that they have this up and no information as to who the manufacturer is. This isn't a BlackBerry Brand, or did I miss it somewhere? From the looks of it, it looks like the Stowaway Shasta Bluetooth Keyboard by ThinkOutside. Great accessory for your BlackBerry. Too bad this has been discontinued and was replaced by the iGo Universal Keyboard.
    www.eSHOPlimited.com for your Authentic BlackBerry Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by chinesecatt View Post
    Strange that they have this up and no information as to who the manufacturer is. This isn't a BlackBerry Brand, or did I miss it somewhere? From the looks of it, it looks like the Stowaway Shasta Bluetooth Keyboard by ThinkOutside. Great accessory for your BlackBerry. Too bad this has been discontinued and was replaced by the iGo Universal Keyboard.
    Well, I'll just let everyone know. It does look like the Stowaway and I've ordered the thing so, I'll be getting back to this thread when it comes in and I try it out. Thanks for getting back both here and in the PM's.

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3

The website gives credit to eAccess Solutions and I found it also at http://www.eaccess-estore.com/store/...category_id=76
    I'll be looking forward to your review.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I can't say that this is a full review but I sit here typing with my new Freedom Universal keyboard. The installation (for BB's - they have several) require going to their website, http://freedominput.com/site/index.php, and downloading some drivers after which you can install, connect and activate the keyboard.

It's smaller than a laptop keyboard so it takes a little getting used to - and I'm not yet - so it's a little slower than my normal typing. Other noticed differences are that the delete key is at the lower-right instead of upper-right...and pg up up and pg dn are right under the right little finger (if you care) - It has a few special characters (Ł, ß, ç, ń, and others, etc) that are accessible via the "alt gr" key.

All in all I think I'm going to like it once I get the hang of it - when I make a mistake the back-arrow key is a stretch to the upper right with my little finger but everything is reachable because of the smaller size.

The keyboard itself takes 2 AAA batteries and it locks open, sits well on 4 little rubber feet, without scooting around, on my desk in front of my laptop. I forgot to mention how long it took me to find the on/off switch on the keyboard. It's a tiny little thing to the upper right of the keyboard. I had to look a while after reading that. Needed to turn it on before paring.

I haven't figured out how to copy and paste from the keyboard yet - I have to pick up the BB to do it.

It comes with a handy little case to carry it in when you fold it up for travel.

I can't think of anything else at the moment. I'm sure that I'll make a few discoveries as I go/ along.

Something I'm still trying to determine is if I can maneuver around the BB by using the keyboard - don't know the answer to that yet.

If you have any questions I'll try to answer.

Update: I looked at this entry after I posted it in the thread and I noticed a missed space bar, etc, and a few other letters here and there that, because of my light typing touch I guess, were missed. I guess I need to pound a little harder on the Freedom as I reduce the size of my typing "stance." I still think one can get used to it by frequent use - more exploring to come.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 01-31-2008 at 04:21 PM. Reason: correcting errors