As the title say, I think I have noticed a marked decrease in battery life ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

ong-gia no está en línea Stack level 2

battery life compromised when headset plugged in?

Advertisement

As the title say, I think I have noticed a marked decrease in battery life when I have the wired headset plugged in. Strangely it seems to be worse if I am NOT using the media player but just have it plugged in for making calls even when not making or receiving a lot of calls. When I am using the MP my battery seems to last longer.

Psychosomatic or have others noticed this too?

Eli

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: battery life compromised when headset plugged in?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hmmmm that's odd. I haven't really noticed that at all. I use to use the wired earpiece all the time until I got my stereo bluetooth headset. And my battery life was the same to me with or without a headset unless I was using the media player.

Let's see what others have to say about it.

ong-gia no está en línea Stack level 2

hey Johnny,

I also noticed that when i unplug my wired earpiece there is a definite noise through the buds--like the speakers have been on the whole time, just not playing anything. It makes me wonder if they are in "standby" at all times while connected in case you push the button for voice activated dialing.

Don't know.

Eli

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Well that would be normal. You have a headset plugged in so its pushing all the audio in these mini speakers and so when you unplug them you'll hear a little static or a little noise because now it has to readjust itself to where the sound won't be pushed through the ear buds aka the mini speakers but through the earpiece In the device. If that makes any sense. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~