RIM or something needs to design a housing or snap-on cover that is one complete ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

xscotticusx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

awesome idea.... special housing

Advertisement

RIM or something needs to design a housing or snap-on cover that is one complete solar panel wrapped around your blackberry with a connection to the charging port to charge your phone whenever you have it in light.plz gimme feed back. On this idea I think its awesome. Help or criticism?
    BlackBerry8100/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0

zipporic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B606F3
    It would be nice but the downside is the fact that while it's connected to your phone your battery would constantly be short cycled. Charging for 10 or 15 minutes then draining for 2 hours - or whatever combo of numbers you want. Short cycling kills perfectly good batteries very quick. Everytime you short cycle the battery 'remembers' it (battery memory) and over time it will not charge to it's full capacity and will drain quicker also. Maybe if you loaded it with capacitors or it's own battery that would charge up and supply power as if it were on a charger or have it monitor the power draw and begin to dicharge during high demand periods, thus extending battery life dramatically. Something like that would be very useful. Just. My 2 cents
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

PIN/ID
    You know I didn't think about it.... Too bad they don't use lithim polymer batteries instead of standard lithium ones. Maybe they could add the capacitors... It would be sorta pricy but worth it. Thanks for the feedback. Lemme know what you think.
    BlackBerry8100/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by zipporic View Post
    It would be nice but the downside is the fact that while it's connected to your phone your battery would constantly be short cycled. Charging for 10 or 15 minutes then draining for 2 hours - or whatever combo of numbers you want. Short cycling kills perfectly good batteries very quick. Everytime you short cycle the battery 'remembers' it (battery memory) and over time it will not charge to it's full capacity and will drain quicker also. Maybe if you loaded it with capacitors or it's own battery that would charge up and supply power as if it were on a charger or have it monitor the power draw and begin to dicharge during high demand periods, thus extending battery life dramatically. Something like that would be very useful. Just. My 2 cents
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

You know I didn't think about it.... Too bad they don't use lithim polymer batteries instead of standard lithium ones. Maybe they could add the capacitors... It would be sorta pricy but worth it. Thanks for the feedback. Lemme know what you think.BlackBerry8100/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.0

PIN/ID
    24B606F3
    Here's a few new things I've found. Some, like the water powered battery, would be the best thing since the blackberry depending on how small it could be made and if the power output is enough. If you really wanted to do this you may contact the company and see if it's possible... then you could be the inventor of the 'greenberry'.

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directo...ered_Batteries

As far as using Li-Poly batteries in blackberries I'm not sure why it's not OEM. I can only assume at this time it may be cost. You can find them in aftermarket companies however. Ideas like these are what raise a companies consumer appeal and could be a good wedge for blackberry in the market. Apple just started using silver-zinc batteries in a few of their laptops, they can hold 2 to 3 times the charge of the same sized lithium battery. Think upwards of 20hr talk time on you blackberry, much less heat which means faster processors since there is less of an overheating factor to account for.

If you could get blackberry to support or back you on any of those ideas, you would be a millionaire - maybe billionaire with how much of a market you would have with all smartphones.
    Who told you, you could eat my cookies? Put that cookie down!... Now!
    Courtesy of the Govenator

PIN/ID
    Amazing what a small idea can do. I bet if I could get prototype I could present it to RIM. I couldn't take all the credit you have been a helpful connection with great ideas and improvements.
    Thanks. Perhaps I could work this out. Gonna be difficult.

PIN/ID
    24B606F3
    I really think you could and I would say for sure it would be an idea that would very quickly catch on. I would be the first to jump in and buy some shares in that if you ever decide to implement it. You just need to get in touch with those companies and present you idea. I'm not sure if you would want to get the support of RIM ti back you up or get the other companies support first to show RIM it can be done. There surly are some business experts on here that would know how to go about it.

I really think you're on to something here, just let me know any way I can help. My PIN should be posted if you want it. If you prefer you can PM me too.
    Who told you, you could eat my cookies? Put that cookie down!... Now!
    Courtesy of the Govenator

PIN/ID
    I would like your help. I do not know whether you received my pin or PM.
    BlackBerry8100/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0