I am looking to get a case for my 8800 that takes advantage of the ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

golfing021 no está en línea Stack level 2

8800 Proximity Sensors

Advertisement

I am looking to get a case for my 8800 that takes advantage of the proximity sensors.
    My question is... is there a setting to make the 8800 go into 'keypad lock' when I put it in my case, and then come back out of 'keypad lock' when I take it out?

djdeerock no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!

Re: 8800 Proximity Sensors

Hey golfing,

I think what you are talking about would be the magnetic holsters for BB's with magnetic sensors. There are many places to get these types of cases, just make sure that it says it has the magnetic function or supports the BB holstering function.

Once you get the case you can go to Options,-->Security Options-->General Settings--> And change the option to "Lock Handheld Upon Holstering"

Also, check out the Autolock app....

http://www.geekandproud.net/blackberry-software/

Adds similar functionality even without a magnetic case.

Hope this helps!

golfing021 no está en línea Stack level 2

Perfect! Thank you!

PIN/ID
    ASK!

Anytime!

joker25944 no está en línea Stack level 2

I would look into buying a seidio case. I just purchased one the other day and it is great. When you put your phone in the holster it locks the phone and places it in standby so that you do not have to do it every time you put in the holster. Then when you receive a text or email and take your phone out of the holster it will automatically open the message that was just received. it is really a great product i think and i have only had it for a day. it is a little bit on high side for price but it is very worth it. You can also get one so that you have a skin on your phone too.

www.seidioonline.com

PIN/ID
    ASK!

Seidio makes good case...but just so you know...any case with a magnet in it will do this if the options are set right. Don't limit yourself to a brand or a color you don't really like.

carlkra no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Case that supports 8800 Proximity Sensors

Check out the Sena MagnetFlipper case. Sena is excellent quality. I have had Sena cases for palms, pocket PCs and the Blackberry Pearl 8100. All were good looking and rugged (outlasted the devices). They use a magnetically latched leather flip that covers the front of the BB. The magnet activates the BB proximity sensor so you can set it up to work just like a flip phone, flip open to answer, flip closed to hang up. I've haven't (yet) seen the 8800 model but it lists the same features as the 8100 case.

Check it out at www dot senacases dot com.

Regards,

Carl