I'm looking for a car charger with 4 usb ports. I bought one from DealExtreme ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3

4 port USB Car Charger

Advertisement

I'm looking for a car charger with 4 usb ports. I bought one from DealExtreme and it's garbage. With only 2 devices (Blackberry & GPS puck) it doesn't keep up while running both devices and it gets extremely hot. Is it possible to plug a usb hub into a single usb port car charger as an alternative?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: 4 port USB Car Charger

I would worry more about the current capability. Most car chargers are not designed to handle more than 15 AMPS of power and that is not taking into account everything else on that same circuit already. You may be better off getting an ac convertor installed in your vehicle.

Zo

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks for your reply, before I bought that worthless device from DealExtreme I was using a 1 X 4 accessory adapter which plugged in to the cars accessory port and gave me 4 accessory ports and I had up to 4 devices running and charging at the same time and it worked very well without any problems but I was trying to get away from the amount space it required. The 4 usb port accessory plug that I bought couldn't even keep up with 2 devices. I found out later that I should have read the reviews on the product before I bought it. I actually have 5 devices with the mini usb port, a 8300, 8100, 7290, GPS puck and a bluetooth ear piece but most of the time I only have 2 devices plugged in, my 8300 and the GPS. I save the battery power for when I have to get out of the car and I'm kind of anal about keeping everything charged up. I am trying to streamline the whole works by finding a device with 4 usb ports and only 1 accessory plug.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

You might want to actually read this thread and the link that is in it about battery's since you mentioned that you keep everything charged up at all times.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...e_battery.html

Zo