I'm looking for an adaptor for the BB8130. Just as a point of reference, the ... BlackBerry Accessories forum

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3

Question 3.5/2.5 Adaptor for Helmet Connection?

Advertisement

I'm looking for an adaptor for the BB8130. Just as a point of reference, the Seidio product ADA3-BB8100M35FST is exactly the OPPOSITE of what I need.

I'm looking for a 3.5mm male on one end to plug into the BB; and a 2.5mm female on the other end, into which I will plug the lead from my helmet. I'm trying to hear music and conduct calls. So a 4-conductor jack/plug is necessary (thanks to the pistackers who pointed this out in other similar threads).

Seidio does not have one; Radio Shack will not work (thanks again to all the pinstackers who tried, failed and reported back); eBay does not list one as far as I can see.

Does such a thing exist?

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80

Re: 3.5/2.5 Adaptor for Helmet Connection?

Question
    Did you try contacting seidio directly cuz
    If seidio doesn't have what your lookin for than your chances may be slim since they are pretty much the leader in BB accessories. You may want to try to talk with a seidio CSR and explain to them exactly what you are looking for. Good luck bro ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yep, I emailed Dave from Seidio, who posted in a similar thread last year. Hope he's still around.
    Thanks for the tip.

seidioseidio no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by IHateMyTreo View Post
    I'm looking for an adaptor for the BB8130. Just as a point of reference, the Seidio product ADA3-BB8100M35FST is exactly the OPPOSITE of what I need.

I'm looking for a 3.5mm male on one end to plug into the BB; and a 2.5mm female on the other end, into which I will plug the lead from my helmet. I'm trying to hear music and conduct calls. So a 4-conductor jack/plug is necessary (thanks to the pistackers who pointed this out in other similar threads).

Seidio does not have one; Radio Shack will not work (thanks again to all the pinstackers who tried, failed and reported back); eBay does not list one as far as I can see.

Does such a thing exist?
    You're looking for this:

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=808

It is designed to work with the iPhone, Curve and 8130. It also has the four sections you need so the microphone will work.

Thanks,

Thanks!!

What threw me was this: [FONT=Verdana]*Note: This adapter is only compatible with a hands-free single earbud headset.
    I thought it negated stereo headset use.
    [/FONT]

seidioseidio no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by IHateMyTreo View Post
    Thanks!!

What threw me was this: [FONT=Verdana]*Note: This adapter is only compatible with a hands-free single earbud headset.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]I thought it negated stereo headset use.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    OK,

You hated your Treo and now you're going to hate me! I thought that adapter would work for what you were trying to do but I was wrong. I checked back with our engineers and they told me that the adapter was designed to use old 2.5mm Blackberry headsets and would not give you stereo on the other end. I apologize for giving you the wrong information.

I will send this to your PM as well.

If you've already placed your order, please email me at forum@seidio.com so I can cancel it if need be.

Thanks

Will that unit send music to only one ear, or will it send MONO to both ears? Maybe mono in both is better than nothing if it will still handle calls?

Update: the adapter does not work with the 8130 and my stereo helmet - no signal at all, music or phone - as foretold by seidioseidio.

Anyone have any suggestions on splicing something together? Is it possible? I'll start with the standard headset that came with the 8130 (cut off the ear buds and the in-line connect/disconnect button) and splice the remaining male 3.5mm plug and lead to a 3-ring 2.5mm female. Any tips?