I'm hoping someone can help, I've got the BB 8100 and am using desktop manager ... RIM Desktop Software forum

purpledragon no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Wireless calendar not working

Advertisement

I'm hoping someone can help, I've got the BB 8100 and am using desktop manager 4.2.0.14 and I'm using desktop redirector 3.6.0.53 to relay my work emails. This all works great except that I can't accept meeting invites on the handheld and I can't invite attendees on there either.

I can't work out if I'm doing something wrong or whether that functionality isn't available. Does anyone know?

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Re: Wireless calendar not working

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I believe that the functionality of meetings and invitations on Outlook is only available with an Exchange server and a BES server, and your BlackBerry on that BES.

I don't think you will be able to do that with just Redirector.

purpledragon no está en línea Stack level 1

That's the conclusion I was coming to as well Lewis. Just needed someone else to tell me I wasn't missing something glaringly obvious!

Thanks

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm not even sure how a meeting invitation would work for a BlackBerry not on a BES.

There are basically different protocols for each mail server system, Exchange, Notes, or Domino. And then let's not forget iCal.

What does a BlackBerry use? I have no idea! And no experience outside of Exchange + BES.

Stick with emailing a meeting request. Likely the safest route. At least you'll be on time.