I'm getting this error: "A USB device has malfunctioned and exceeded the power limits of ... RIM Desktop Software forum

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3

Windows XP/DM won't recognize BB....

Advertisement

I'm getting this error: "A USB device has malfunctioned and exceeded the power limits of its hub port" when I plug in one of my user's blackberry's (8320). She has been using this fine but all of the suddengets this error, also the comp won't boot up when the bb is plugged into usb. I already made sure the BIOS doesn't boot to USB before the Hard disk, but has anyone seen this error? it won't recognize the BB and the unit is working fine, this is just out of the blue. I checked and she has not installed any other programs to interfere with anything. I uninstalled and reinstalled DM and still getting the same error. I also checked this with another computer and 2 different USB cables....and got same error.Any ideas?
    Yes, I've been diagnosed with Phantom Vibration Disorder.....

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

Re: Windows XP/DM won't recognize BB....

Have you tried without the hub?
    might be a hub controller issue or lack of power to the hub if its not self powered.

It's not an actual HUB, just the regular USB ports on a Dell 745 Optiplex. (which we use thousands of and I've never seen a problem like this).

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

try Google I'm seeing a lot of results regarding this error.
    I would update USB drivers

to disable the warning go to device manager > select specific usb controller > properties > advanced and tick"Dont tell me about usb errors"

I have updated them to the latest that dell or windows has. Isn't it weird though that it does it on 2 different comps and 2 different model of comps? Its obviously something with the actual device, but it was working fine before this. I will keep you posted, thanks for the help. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Wow that is a wierd one, you might try a battery pull while the device is pluged in. I have seen that work for the Apploader. You could also delete the Sync folders. If you have had more then one BB this can cause an issue. C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Intellisync> then delete the folders that have your PIN and PIN.CFG, there will be a pair for each BB you have ever had. The last thing I can think of would be to contact RIM and do a Full uninstall, this does involve registry edits.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

webber no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Well first thing, have you tried this with another BB on the same computer?
    If this works then you know it is the Blackberry in question. I would try wiping the unit.

Have you tried the same BB on a non Optiplex 745? Did it work?
    If so it may be a matter of updating the drivers from Dell's site. Grab the service tag and check out Dells download section.

Another tidbit, are you using the front or back USB ports? I found here that the Optiplex 745's have screwy front USB's. I've had no issues using the back ones.

Btw, Latest Bios for the 745 is 2.6.1. But I would still check via the service tag. If you have a 745 C it has a different Bios version. (1.2.2).

Hope this helps.
    -Webber

‹_› ‹(•ż•)› ‹_›

I've tried the front and back USB ports, I thought the same thing. I will try wiping the unit after lunch.

FutureFarmer no está en línea Stack level 1

About the screwy front USB ports on my Optiplex 745.
    Windows says "USB Device Not Recognized" when I plug my flash drive in either of the front ports. It works fine in teh rear ports, but they are near impossible to get to. The flash drive is a Kingston DataTraveler DTI/1GB. Is there something I can do to make the front ports work like the back ones (even if I have to disable a couple of them) ... thanks, Ron

FutureFarmer no está en línea Stack level 1
    This thread obviously is dead, but for archive purposes, here's my solution: Other USB flash drives work in my front ports and Kingston tech support replied and said that some front USB ports do not supply enough power because they expect to be used with externally powered cameras, hard disks, etc. So get a USB flash drive with low power drain. My workaround is that I discovered USB ports on my monitor that apparently get auxiliary power from the monitor since the monitor ports work even when they are chained from the front ports of the computer. So I plug the monitor into one of the back USB ports to keep the wires off my desk, use the monitor ports which are even more convenient than the computer, and totally ignore the useless front computer ports.