Hello everyone, I'm a brand new BB7130e owner and am looking at all the options ... RIM Desktop Software forum

M-66 no está en línea Stack level 1

Will DM synch Outlook Exchange items?

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

I'm a brand new BB7130e owner and am looking at all the options it gives me for messaging and PIM use. It's cool!

Not many (cheap) hosted Outlook Exchange services provide access to BES. As an alternative, will this work?

1. Run DM and the Redirector on my home computer.
    2. Open Outlook. Log onto Exchange server account.
    3. Set up DM to synch the PIM and Inbox of my exchange account (is this possible?)
    4. Leave Outlook/DM open on the computer and go on the road.

Will this method allow redirection of email through the exchange account?
    Will it allow me to synch calendar, task, note, and shared folder items between the BB and the exchange account?

BES seems to be the magical solution to all these requirements. What are its limitations?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Will DM synch Outlook Exchange items?

M-66, Welcome to PinStack.

I'm not familiar with using Redirector but I think this just might work. It may not allow Wireless sync of the other PIM features, but should will problably allow email reconciliation. I can't garantee that it will work though.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

M-66 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Will DM synch Outlook Exchange items?

Thanks for the advice! Really appreciate it.

I've been messing with DM today and it works great, for the most part. I have it set up to redirect only my MS Outlook inbox.

I'd like to redirect more folders (I have a huge tree of folders in MS Outlook that I use to sort mail). So, I opened up the "Advanced" tab of Redirector Settings, clicked on "Folder redirection - Selected Folders", and then clicked on the "Choose Folders" radio button.

I get a list of all the email folders in Outlook. The documentation/help assures me that all I have to do is check the folders I want redirected.

...but none of the folders have check boxes next to them. They're just displayed as a tree. No check boxes to check/uncheck.

Anybody know what's going wrong?

Thanks again.