Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

just go into the sync settings and select the option to sync with outlook and ... RIM Desktop Software forum

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

Advertisement

just go into the sync settings and select the option to sync with outlook and follow the prompts.holla back if you run into trouble.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

puppylove no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by janie215 View Post
    Thanks guys. Do you know if you have to actually buy Outlook? Ive got outlook express on my PC which I dont really use but I dont have actual Outlook.
    Janie, Did you find Outlook? Look for Outlook (not Express) in your Start>All Programs. I'll bet it's in there somewhere. I had to do the same thing but I prefer Outlook to Outlook Express.

Then, as catstide said, you'll use the desktop manager on your p-c to sync. Keep posting - we'll help you.
    What goes around, comes around.

janie215 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256A910E
    Cheers guys, giving it a go now. Thanks for your help.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    guys ... my outlook express doesn't have the calendar app included, just contacts.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    guys ... my outlook express doesn't have the calendar app included, just contacts.
    oops....i could have sworn i synced my old pocket pc calendar with express.

PIN/ID
    256A910E
    Hi there, Im the same, cant find Outlook anywhere - only Express. Still not managed to do it yet

PIN/ID
    wut?
    i would go with google

PIN/ID
    wut?
    janie...did you get my PM?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Hi there, Im the same, cant find Outlook anywhere - only Express. Still not managed to do it yet
    Janie,

Outlook (not Express) is a Microsoft Office product. If you don't have MS Office that's why you can't find it. I believe Outlook Express comes with the XP (at least) system it.

In WIN XP, you could do a Start>Search, select "all files and folders" and key in "*outlook" to find all the Outlook and Outlook Express that's on your system. At least that would answer the question of what you have and what you don't.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    256A910E
    Hi, cheers for that. I definately dont have Outlook as I did the search. Im getting myself a little bogged down now. Im looking at something called GooSync which syncronises your google calendar but first I have to set up a google calendar! there doesnt seem to be a way of copying your yahoo calendar onto the google one so I would have to enter it all again. Getting very frustrated now!

PIN/ID
    wut?
    you can also sync to yahoo if you already have that one set up and like it.

PIN/ID
    256A910E
    Thanks Catstide, Didnt really like the yahoo one much. Ive found an old copy of microsoft office on disc, so am just loading that up so still holding out on the outlook calendar.

Which one did you say you use again?

PIN/ID
    wut?
    i use outlook

Janie,

I'm afraid we're not being much help. You may have already done this but, if your calendar is updated on your phone primarily rather than on your p-c, you can connect your phone to desktop manager and select synchronize, click on the "configuration" tab, select "configure sync" and then calendar to see what options you already have on you p-c? If you have one you want to try you can select the one way (1st time only) sync from your phone to get it sync'd to your p-c.

Of course if it's primarily updated on your p-c you can select the one way to your phone to update the phone.

If you're already way ahead of that just post and we'll move on to try to get you something you like for sync-ing. Sure we can do this.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Thanks Catstide, Didnt really like the yahoo one much. Ive found an old copy of microsoft office on disc, so am just loading that up so still holding out on the outlook calendar.

Which one did you say you use again?
    Just saw this post - that may be your best bet. as I said, my Outlook is old and works great. Keep posting your progress - we'll get upi through this, right Cat?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast