twice ive now downloaded DM 4.6 and twice i cant locate it on my laptop! ... RIM Desktop Software forum

mic8310 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25588d8d

wheres my download gone?!

Advertisement

twice ive now downloaded DM 4.6 and twice i cant locate it on my laptop! was i meant to unistall the 4.2 thats already there or something??

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Click on Start>search and select "all files and folders" and scan for "*DM" without the quotes - you should pick it up somewhere in that file scan.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    25588d8d
    yea have done but its not there! only had the laptop a few weeks for playing with so dont have much on it, if it was downloaded to the pc then id understand

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by mic8310 View Post
    yea have done but its not there! only had the laptop a few weeks for playing with so dont have much on it, if it was downloaded to the pc then id understand
    Just make sure you check the "save" button when you download - that's the opportunity to both save it and tell it where to put it. Other than that I don't know what to suggest. This is a fairly basic operation and I've never had the problem so I'm making basic suggestions - good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    25588d8d
    yea cheers for repying tho i sat and watched it download with the % slowly rising, i just assumed maybe cos i had a DM already installed it had something to do with it. no problem i download it on the pc and see if it makes a difference