I just made the switch from Treo to BlackBerry. The only thing I am missing ... RIM Desktop Software forum

dunker30 no está en línea Stack level 1

What computer software should I use for PIM?

Advertisement

I just made the switch from Treo to BlackBerry. The only thing I am missing so far is the Palm Desktop. I do not use Outlook, Lotus notes, or anything else. Is there any free software out there which will sync with my BlackBerry that will allow me, like Palm Desktop, to edit and view my contacts, to do list, and calender on my computer?

Thanks!

bdbrown no está en línea Stack level 2

CompanionLink - Best Sync Program

I use a great program to do my syncs, CompanionLink. Not free, but really the very best thing going. Worth every penny and more! I enter all of my data into ACT and then use CompanionLink to sync ACT to my Blackberry and also to sync ACT to Outlook.

CompanionLink even has a wireless version that can do a sync without being connected to your computer. I tried this, it worked great, but I personally did not need the extra monthly cost and went back to the wired version.

You might want to try the free trial at www.companionlink.com.

jsmith77 no está en línea Stack level 2
    In a little more limited fashion, you could always keep using your palm desktop, and the BB software will import from it.

You won't be able to export any updates from your BB TO the Palm Desktop software, but you will be able to update in your Palm Desktop and import it immediately to your BB.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    A third option would be to use GMail or Yahoo for all your contact and calender info. Thanks to updates both companies have done, there are now sync options for your address book, calender, and a few other functions avaiable wirelessly on a Blackberry.

Zo

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    You know, this would be a great little feature to add to the DM.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

saxy37 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    You know, this would be a great little feature to add to the DM.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    agree

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith77 View Post
    In a little more limited fashion, you could always keep using your palm desktop, and the BB software will import from it.

You won't be able to export any updates from your BB TO the Palm Desktop software, but you will be able to update in your Palm Desktop and import it immediately to your BB.
    as I understand it, the BB Desktop Manager software does not import Palm Desktop information. You have to physically connect your Palm device and BB device to the computer at the same time, and the BB software migrates everything from your Palm device to the BB. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, because I'd love to continue using the Palm Desktop.

All I have installed are BB Desktop Manager, BB Device Manager, and Media Manager. Am I missing any software I should have on my computer that might enable me to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by bdbrown View Post
    I use a great program to do my syncs, CompanionLink.
    checked this out, and it does exactly what i'm looking for, thank you!

it will allow me to continue using palm desktop, then sync that info with my bb (for anyone else wondering about this)

csa819 no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you don't need a desktop (i.e. offline access) you can create a yahoo account and sync to yahoo via the DM. If you want a freebie desktop that will give you offline access try mozilla's thunderbird. sync to yahoo, then import the yahoo address book to thunderbird.