I saw 1 post on Vista so far in the forums and I am opening ... RIM Desktop Software forum

michaelp no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Vista Rc 1 Build 5600 Beta & Desktop Manager problems

Advertisement

I saw 1 post on Vista so far in the forums and I am opening this one up to all that think it might help or encounter problems like i am :

Ok I am encountering a problem on my Laptop Gateway 7120 amd 64 athlon- with Vista Rc 1 build # 5600 is the o/s -> with the official launch of vista 3 wks aaway this is a problem my 8703 / 8100 / 8700 all can't connect to Desktop Manager since I installed Vista Rc 1 build 5600 - now the funny thing is I installed the same build of Vista on my Desktop snd Desktop Manager 4.2 works perfectly - does any 1 know of any fixes patches i am been looking all wkend for a fix to this - i am not sure what to copy from my desktop to get it to work - any 1 have any ideas on this

i have tried desktop manager 4.1 and 4.2 uninstalled both and tried them both - the version that works on my desktop is 4.2 it synchs perfectly with my device but now on my laptop no dice

so i know vista csan work with desktop 4.2 but sure why it does this on my laptop - what files are messing things up - when you attach the Device Blackberry - it says no drives windows will search for drivers then it finds now - says put cd in you do and still reading BB cd it says no drivers any 1 have ideas pls i am really in need of fixing this now

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Vista Rc 1 Build 5600 Beta & Desktop Manager problems

I believe this has been reported and it probably has to due with the Lack of 64 Bit Drivers. Is your desktop a 32 bit machine?
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I am working with 32 Bit processing set up and the Vista is 32 Bit also - does any 1 have any ideas on how to fix this - b/c i really need to synch my devices.

thank you so much for any help you can provide.

Has any 1 Heard when Rim will be realeasing the update that allows Desktop Manager to Synch with Vista Ultimate or Vista - some users have a Hit or Miss Expeirence with Vista and Dm 4.1 or even 4.2 - any 1 heard anything - i heard maybe this month they will have a driver fix for this

pls post if any 1 hears anything

scaredpoet no está en línea Stack level 2

Try downloading now:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.2 SP1 worked for me, on the 64-bit version of Vista Ultimate. Whereas before, 4.2 (non SP1) did not work.

MMB916 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D42FC8

Post Re: Vista Rc 1 Build 5600 Beta & Desktop Manager problems

Thanks so very much for this info. I have upgraded from Win XP Pro to Vista Ultimate and will now try this version of BDM (with SP1). There seems to be a lot of trouble out there with BDM and Vista. I am running 32 bit. Will update thread if it works or not
    Best Regards,
    Mara
    8700c and lovin' it

MMB916 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D42FC8

Worked like a charm except when I try to use Media Manager I receive an error saying I need BB Device Manager 4.2. Any thoughts?

Thanks so very much in advance!
    Best Regards,
    Mara
    8700c and lovin' it

steedtek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EBDA02

i upgraded to version 4.2 SP1 and it still gets random "errors and needs to close" when i sync.

However i believe this is related to choosing to sync with "Outlook Express" which is non-existant, i asumed it would sync with Windows Mail, but looks like i'm SOL at this point without an MSOffice installed.

RiSKeY no está en línea Stack level 2

yea its doesnt work with vista i think ...cuz i get error when i install it.. can some help.???thaxxx