I had the desktop software and desktop redirector installed on my computer at work. Everything ... RIM Desktop Software forum

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

Verifying Forwarding Address - error

Advertisement

I had the desktop software and desktop redirector installed on my computer at work. Everything worked great and my contacts and calendar sync'ed up perfectly, and it was redirecting as needed.

Then my hard drive died...they gave me a new hard drive and had to reinstall all the software.

I reinstalled the BB software and redirector and again, everything seemed to work. But when I started up redirector, the status was "Verifying Forwarding Address" or something like that, and it never completed.

I hooked up the phone with USB cable, and the DM opened up and said "Working" in the status bar, and the connection screen on the phone came up.

That's it. It sat there for an hour or so while I was at a meeting and never changed. I could not select any of the icons in the DM while it was "working", and the redirector status still displayed the same message. I could close the redirector and DM as usual, so it's not a freezing problem.

I uninstalled, restarted the computer, and reinstalled...but it did the same thing again.

Anyone have any idea? I can connect as usual on my home computer (without redirector), so i don't think it's a phone problem but a software problem on my work computer (XP, but only SP1...I'll install SP2 tomorrow).

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Strange DM and Redirector problem ????

Use XP's System Restore feature to go back to the state of your OS.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...emrestore.mspx

Then try this...

Problem

BlackBerry Desktop Redirector displays the following error in the Status field:
    Verifying Forwarding Address

To display BlackBerry Desktop Redirector, click Start > Programs > BlackBerry > BlackBerry Desktop Redirector.

Summary of Causes
    This problem may be caused by one or more of the following:
    1. The BlackBerry Desktop Redirector is configured to use your internal email address.
    2. The Microsoft Outlook mailbox is configured for POP3.
    3. The Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable.
    4. The personal folder (PST) or offline folder (OST) is corrupt.
    5. The user account has not been added to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
    6. Messages are being flagged as potential viruses.
    7. [Scanned] is being added to the subject line of messages.
    8. A rule is moving messages from network@flycatcher.blackberry.net.
    9. A Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) profile is missing or corrupt.
    10. New messages is forwarded to a PST file.
    11. The firewall does not allow Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) connections.
    12. The user account is on a front-end Exchange Server.
    13. The Exchange Server is not sending network@etpxx.dat messages as Content-type Multipart/mixed.
    14. Messages in the Microsoft Exchange Outbound queue with the network@etpXXXX.etp.XX.blackberry.net address contain errors.

Cause 1
    The BlackBerry Desktop Redirector is configured to use an internal email address. Some companies provide their employees with an internal and an external email address. The internal address allows employees to communicate within the company. The external address allows employees to communicate outside the company. The BlackBerry Desktop Redirector cannot process messages if it is configured to use an internal email address.

Resolution

To resolve this issue, complete the following steps:
    1. Contact your email administrator to acquire your external email address.
    2. In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, open Redirector Settings.
    3. Click the Advanced tab.
    4. If the Account field displays the correct email address, click OK.

If the Account field does not display your external email address, complete these steps:
    1. Select the Override Address check box.
    2. Type your external email address in the Account field.
    3. Click OK.

Cause 2
    The Microsoft Outlook mailbox is configured for POP3, which is not supported.

Resolution
    Configure Outlook to use the Microsoft Exchange Server. See the Microsoft Outlook Help topic “Change your e-mail configuration”, or consult your system administrator.

Cause 3

The Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. The BlackBerry Desktop Redirector must be able to access your Exchange mailbox to complete the installation of the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Resolution

Contact your system administrator to verify that the Microsoft Exchange Server is operating properly.

Cause 4

The personal folder (PST) or offline folder (OST) used by Microsoft Outlook is corrupt.

Resolution

Note: Verify that you have the Microsoft Outlook installation CD prior to proceeding, as it may be required for step 6.
    1. Click Start > Find > Files or Folders and search for PST or OST files to repair.
    2. Click Start > Programs > Accessories > System tools.
    3. Run the Inbox Repair Tool.
    If the Inbox Repair Tool is not in this location, perform a search for the scanpst.exe file (executable file for the repair tool) and run this file.
    4. Click Browse and locate the PST or OST files found in step 1.
    5. Click Start.
    6. Create a new MAPI profile without including personal or offline folders. For instructions, search for article 195718 in the Microsoft Support Knowledge Base.

Cause 5
    The BlackBerry device user account has not been added to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

Resolution
    Contact your BlackBerry Enterprise Server Administrator to verify your BlackBerry device user account has been added to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. Verify your BlackBerry device user account has the correct BlackBerry device personal identification number (PIN).

Cause 6

Messages are being flagged as potential viruses. A GFI® MailEssentials software, which scans incoming messages for viruses before they go to the Microsoft Exchange Server, has been enabled.

The following three properties of a message from network@blackberry.net cause the GFI MailEssentials software to flag the message as a potential virus:
    * The message contains an attachment called ETP.DAT. This is an encrypted message sent between the BlackBerry device and the user’s messaging and collaboration server, which includes a unique Triple Data Encryption Standard (Triple DES) encryption key.
    * The message contains the following warning:
    Please do not delete this message. This message is required for email redirection and should not be deleted.
    * The message does not contain a subject or title.

Resolution
    Contact your messaging server administrator to request that the above flags be disabled on the GFI MailEssentials software.

Cause 7

Incoming messages from BlackBerry devices are not being processed by BlackBerry Desktop Redirector because the anti-virus software installed on the Exchange Server is adding [Scanned] to the subject line of the message.

Resolution

Contact your messaging server administrator to request that the anti-virus program be modified so that [Scanned] is not added to the subject line of scanned messages.

Cause 8

The Rules Wizard in Outlook contains a rule or filter that moves messages received from network@etp<xxxx>.etp.<xx>.blackberry.net (for example, network@etp0006.na.blackberry.net) from your Inbox to a separate storage folder.
    Note: The address of the message is denoted as follows:
    network@etp[server number].etp.[continent].blackberry.net

Resolution

Delete the rule or filter from the Rules Wizard. See the Microsoft Outlook Help topic “Delete a Rule”, or consult your system administrator.

Cause 9
    A MAPI profile needs to be created or recreated, and BlackBerry Desktop Manager must be configured to use the new profile.

Resolution

To create a new MAPI profile, search for article 195718 in the Microsoft Support Knowledge Base.

Cause 10
    Outlook is configured to forward new messages to a personal folder (PST file).

Resolution
    To resolve this issue, complete the following tasks:
    1. In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, open Redirector Settings.
    2. On the General tab, in the Redirection section, record the options that are selected and clear both check boxes.
    3. Click Apply.
    4. Click OK and ignore the warning messages.
    5. Close and restart BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    6. On the General tab, reselect the options you cleared in step 2.
    7. Close and restart BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Warning: Do not configure the Exchange Server to send messages in Rich Text Format (RTF). The BlackBerry device is unable to receive such messages, so BlackBerry Desktop Redirector will not function.

Cause 11
    Your firewall does not allow Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) connections.

Resolution
    For more information, contact your system administrator or technical support representative.
    Cause 12
    The BlackBerry device user account is located on a front-end Exchange Server. Front-end Exchange Servers are designed to work like proxy servers, redirecting requests to the appropriate back-end Exchange Server. This feature is available on Exchange Server 2000 and Exchange Server 2003.

Resolution
    Move the mailbox to a back-end Exchange Server.

Cause 13
    The Exchange Server is sending Content-Type: application/octet-stream messages, instead of Content-Type: multipart/mixed messages. To verify this, first send a message from the affected mailbox, then open the message in the recipient mailbox. For more information, see the Additional Information section below.

Resolution
    For information on how to verify that the Exchange Server is sending messages as Content-Type: multipart/mixed, search for article 323226 in the Microsoft Support Knowledge Base.

Cause 14
    If all the BlackBerry Desktop Director users are experiencing this error in the Status field, and all users are on the same Microsoft Exchange Server, check the Exchange Outbound queue for any message in the queue with the network@etp<XXXX>.etp.<XX>.blackberry.net address (for example, network@etp0005.etp.na.blackberry.net).

Resolution
    Look for any error messages that you see with these messages (for example, the remote server did not respond to a connection attempt). Search for resolutions to these errors in the Microsoft Support Knowledge Base.

Additional Information
    In the affected message, click View > Options to view message headers that are located at the bottom of the screen, as follows:

Code:
     Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0
    Received: from mail server ([IP]) by mail server with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.6713);
    Date and time
    Received: from mail server ([IP]) by mail server with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.6713);
    Date and time
    Subject: =?ISO-8859-1?B?TmV3IERlc2t0b3AvSGFuZGhlbGQgV29ya2Zsb3c=?=
    To: recipient address
    Reply-To: reply to address
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0076_01BE01C0.0F969CF0"
    Return-Path: reply to address
    Message-ID: <messageid@mail server>
    X-OriginalArrivalTime: date 12:22:01.0741 (UTC)FILETIME=[959B0BD0:01C5B2DD]
    Date: date and time

Re: Verifying Forwarding Address - error

Thansk...that was a long answer, some of which may apply and some doesn't.

I'll go through it and try to weed out the possible problems and see if i can get it rectified.

ok, i've been doing a lot of searches regarding this problem, and I think it is more common and unexplainable than people might think.

The situation is this...desktop redirector worked a week ago before my computer crashed. When I got my computer back with the new hard drive, i reinstalled the desktop program with redirector. Again, it worked. But I had to remove it because some programs i needed didn't "roll out" over the network, and the IT people blamed it on the blackberry program...ultimately it was NOT the blackberry programs that caused the not-rolling-out problem. So i reinstalled it. This is when it stopped working and got stuck on "verifying..."

The problems i found on internet are similar...people who upgraded their versions of outlook or "reinstalled" the desktop redirector. And one guy even reported that it was stuck for a couple days and "magically" worked.

I think it has something to do with info or settings or something getting "stuck" in the local compueter even with clean uninstalls, and it just jams up after a re-install of the desktop redirector.

I am convinced of this because even after doing a "clean" uninstall (removing registry strings and folders), after reinstallation and before connecting the handheld, it STILL remembers the PIN.

another odd thing...

after shutting down the desktop redirector (while it was still "verifying forwarding address"), it'll forward new messages that were received to the inbox while it was "stuck"...very odd and repeatable.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

emailed this thread to RIM. Thanks for following up here. They won't reply as they address via updates & service packs.

SCREW Desktop misdirector...Mail Connector is the way to go!

I did more research and was reading about mail Connector, another program from BlackBerry to forward email.

You have to use the computer you access your email with to set it up, just like director, but you go to the BlackBerry email setup site. Very easy setup...I just setup a new email account, like I did when registering my POP3 email, but when it can't find it, it'll ask to download Mail Connector to your computer. After this is done, you just put in your server information and mail account.

Voila! It sent a message to my phone and set up another mailbox on my phone for my work mail.

Much more seamless than desktop mis-director and it took all of 3 minutes to set up (I had to switch from Opera to IExplorer on my desktop for it to install the software though).

slacsina no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm experiencing almost the same problem. I just got my BB, set up my personal BB Cingular email and now I'm trying to set up another email account from yahoo to push to my BB but I can't, any suggesstions?

jbriley3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    300cc72d

Had a similar experience

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeeno
    SCREW Desktop misdirector...Mail Connector is the way to go!

I did more research and was reading about mail Connector, another program from BlackBerry to forward email.

You have to use the computer you access your email with to set it up, just like director, but you go to the BlackBerry email setup site. Very easy setup...I just setup a new email account, like I did when registering my POP3 email, but when it can't find it, it'll ask to download Mail Connector to your computer. After this is done, you just put in your server information and mail account.

Voila! It sent a message to my phone and set up another mailbox on my phone for my work mail.

Much more seamless than desktop mis-director and it took all of 3 minutes to set up (I had to switch from Opera to IExplorer on my desktop for it to install the software though).
    After many calls and many hours talking with Tech. Support at Verizon & blackberry, they sent a new BB. Still had the problem until i tried the solution above. Set up mail Connector as described above and It's working fine now.

Abandoning Desktop redirector.

millimetre no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm confused mrdeeno, you have an IT department that looks after your desktop but they do not look after the BB as well?

Weelamm

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeeno
    <snip>

The situation is this...desktop redirector worked a week ago before my computer crashed. When I got my computer back with the new hard drive, i reinstalled the desktop program with redirector. Again, it worked. But I had to remove it because some programs i needed didn't "roll out" over the network, and the IT people blamed it on the blackberry program...ultimately it was NOT the blackberry programs that caused the not-rolling-out problem. So i reinstalled it. This is when it stopped working and got stuck on "verifying..."

<snip<

JNPT no está en línea Stack level 1
    [quote=hayden;54552]Use XP's System Restore feature to go back to the state of your OS.

Then try this...

Problem

To display BlackBerry Desktop Redirector, click Start > Programs > BlackBerry > BlackBerry Desktop Redirector.

Summary of Causes
    1. The BlackBerry Desktop Redirector is configured to use your internal email address.
    9. A Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) profile is missing or corrupt.
    11. The firewall does not allow Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) connections.
    13. The Exchange Server is not sending network@etpxx.dat messages as Content-type Multipart/mixed.
    14. Messages in the Microsoft Exchange Outbound queue with the network@etpXXXX.etp.XX.blackberry.net address contain errors.

Cause 4

The personal folder (PST) or offline folder (OST) used by Microsoft Outlook is corrupt.

Resolution

Note: Verify that you have the Microsoft Outlook installation CD prior to proceeding, as it may be required for step 6.
    1. Click Start > Find > Files or Folders and search for PST or OST files to repair.
    If the Inbox Repair Tool is not in this location, perform a search for the scanpst.exe file (executable file for the repair tool) and run this file.
    5. Click Start.
    6. Create a new MAPI profile without including personal or offline folders. For instructions, search for article 195718 in the Microsoft Support Knowledge Base.
    [/quote]

Detailed Description of Cause 4:

To fix corrupted PST files, you can use the Inbox Repair Tool. However, the tool isn’t always able to repair every PST file. It works by repairing the PST file’s header and then deleting anything in the file that it doesn’t understand. So if a PST file’s header is damaged, as may be the case for corruption that occurs during a version upgrade, the tool should have no trouble making the repair. But if the data within the file is corrupt, the Inbox Repair Tool will likely destroy what’s left of the file. That's why it's always good to make a backup of the PST file before running the Inbox Repair Tool.

The Inbox Repair Tool is located in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\NT directory of any system that’s running Windows 2000 or Windows XP. The tool’s filename is Scanpst.exe. Other versions of Windows also include the Inbox Repair Tool, but the tool’s location varies among these earlier versions.

In case of seriously corrupted PST file you may try Stellar Phoenix outlook pst repair Software - a powerful tool which scans, repairs and restores corrupted PST. Effective to use and safe for PST repair, the software supports all Outlook versions and helps at each stage of corruption for PST recovery. Just specify the file path & click to PST repair & get the corruption free PST.

PST Repair Software

[QUOTE=JNPT;1188903]
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Use XP's System Restore feature to go back to the state of your OS.

Then try this...

Problem

Summary of Causes

Cause 4

Resolution

5. Click Start.
    [/quote]

Detailed Description of Cause 4:

To fix corrupted PST files, you can use the Inbox Repair Tool. However, the tool isn’t always able to repair every PST file. It works by repairing the PST file’s header and then deleting anything in the file that it doesn’t understand. So if a PST file’s header is damaged, as may be the case for corruption that occurs during a version upgrade, the tool should have no trouble making the repair. But if the data within the file is corrupt, the Inbox Repair Tool will likely destroy what’s left of the file. That's why it's always good to make a backup of the PST file before running the Inbox Repair Tool.

The Inbox Repair Tool is located in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\NT directory of any system that’s running Windows 2000 or Windows XP. The tool’s filename is Scanpst.exe. Other versions of Windows also include the Inbox Repair Tool, but the tool’s location varies among these earlier versions.

In case of seriously corrupted PST file you may try Stellar Phoenix outlook pst repair Software - a powerful tool which scans, repairs and restores corrupted PST. Effective to use and safe for PST repair, the software supports all Outlook versions and helps at each stage of corruption for PST recovery. Just specify the file path & click to PST repair & get the corruption free PST.

For Information Only.......

The new version of the PST repair Software has already been released and is equipped with excellent features like compatibility with windows7, count of all items in individual folder, MS outlook is not required on system for running application, no need to rescan the file in full version and most exciting is 100% preview & Detail Summary Report of all recoverable items which help you to evaluate the software and make better decision about how helpful will it be for you?

[QUOTE=JNPT;1233684]
    Quote Originally Posted by JNPT View Post

For Information Only.......

The new version of the PST repair Software has already been released and is equipped with excellent features like compatibility with windows7, count of all items in individual folder, MS outlook is not required on system for running application, no need to rescan the file in full version and most exciting is 100% preview & Detail Summary Report of all recoverable items which help you to evaluate the software and make better decision about how helpful will it be for you?
    The Outlook PST Repair Tool has a highly interactive 3-pane GUI that make it self-explanatory without any prior pst repair experience and safely repair corrupt pst file in almost every corruption situation.