Ok, I didn't see this anywhere on the website or may have missed it here ... RIM Desktop Software forum

nutsnbolts no está en línea Stack Mod

Using the Desktop Manager (Applications install/uninstall)

Advertisement

Ok, I didn't see this anywhere on the website or may have missed it here somewhere on Pinstack.com but I figure someone here explain it into further details because I'm getting confused based on my experience.

1. Installing software onto BB:
    You obviously unzip the software.
    Install and upload the software using DM
    Done.

Question:
    Well, if I delete the folder where I unzipped it, the DM doesn't seem to keep up with the change. In other words, if I delete the folder and then in the future I install another software, it will uninstall the previous installation because I delete the folder and DM doesn't read it that I don't want to uninstall it. Because the folder is missing, then it automatically assumes I want to delete it. Why is that?

Problem: This would mean, I have to keep going to the same computer to just do my installations where I have retained all "unzipped" softwares I installed.

Is this correct? I have gotten answers where DM shouldn't be doing this. I don't need the extracted software any longer because I have the "zipped" files but if I delete this folder, DM treats it as I want to delete it on my handheld as well. Grr.. Any thoughts?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    That's not supposed to happen. Do you use IE or Firefox? Firefox seems best these days

I use IE. This is very wierd and driving me insane. I have tested it several times and DM seems to function this way where it relies on the folder that was deleted.

I heard also that I should be keeping the unzipped folders because that's how DM references it. Then again, I haven't received a proper response for it.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by nutsnbolts
    I use IE. This is very wierd and driving me insane. I have tested it several times and DM seems to function this way where it relies on the folder that was deleted.

I heard also that I should be keeping the unzipped folders because that's how DM references it. Then again, I haven't received a proper response for it.
    Are you using winzip to unzip?

Im using winrar.