I'm not sure if it is compatible, but I have a 7105t running Desktop manager ... RIM Desktop Software forum

djurocks no está en línea Stack level 1

Upgrade 7105t to desktop manager 4.2?

Advertisement

I'm not sure if it is compatible, but I have a 7105t running Desktop manager 4.1. I cannot use it with 4.2 as there were some pretty extensive upgrades to this software. I can not figure out how to upgrade the software on the blackberry to 4.2 so I can use the new PC software. Anyone know how to do this?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Upgrade 7105t to desktop manager 4.2?

djurocks, Welcome to PinStack. OS 4.2.x.xxx is not available yet for any BB other than the Pearl. Rumor has it that it will only be available for the newer chipset devices (7130/8xxx). You may be out of luck with your 7105.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

djurocks, I wouldn't want to cut across the reply from rcbjr, but does your question relate to device software or desktop software? If the latter, v4.2 is backwards compatible and offers some useful new features. BB have caused huge confusion by numbering the two 'wares so closely. OS4.2 won't work for you, DS4.2 will!! Its all as clear as mud

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I don't think the 4.2 software will work for it. I tried to put my 7100 to it to create a backup, before I went to the pearl, and it didn't recognize it.

I had to create a backup with the old desktop version that came with my 7105t, install the new one, and then hook up my pearl...

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I don't think the 4.2 software will work for it. I tried to put my 7100 to it to create a backup, before I went to the pearl, and it didn't recognize it.

I had to create a backup with the old desktop version that came with my 7105t, install the new one, and then hook up my pearl...
    Thank you for confirming this. Everyone is running around saying "4.2 will sync with any device that runs 4.0 and above", but that is obviously not the case 100% of the time.

About 33% of the time, the DM will recognize the 8700 and 7290, and the other times it will not even recognize it is there.

Also, if you try and hook a pearl up to 4.1, it gives a message stating that USB is not sufficent enough for charging. Obviously 4.1 DM won't work with the Pearl, but before people start getting false hopes about being able to use DM4.2 for non-pearl devices, they need to be warned that it will not be a GUARENTEE that it will sync, before we start getting tons of posts saying "4.2DM will not recognize my device".

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

I must say that I am suprised in hearing that people are having so many issues with DM4.2 with non-Pearl devices. We have 4.2 on our crash computers and use all different handsets for troubleshooting( Ive tested on 7290, 7100, 7105, 8700), although we do recommend using the DM specified for your handset. Sorry to hear about the problems.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, I haven't had any problems with DM 4.2 and my 8700c with 4.1.0.286 on it.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

I have standardised DM4.2 for all my BBs and can synch happily with 7290, 7100x and 8700g