Hi guys, I'm having a little problem with my new BB it is a 8700 ... RIM Desktop Software forum

newby no está en línea Stack level 1

Unread emails on BB

Advertisement

Hi guys, I'm having a little problem with my new BB it is a 8700 model, I'm using it at work, we have outlook etc,, desktop manager 4.1, the typical work setup. he is my problem. I can receive emals on my BB and outlook, no problem, I can read on my BB and it shows on my outlook I have read it. But if I oen on my outlook, it still show I have unread emails on my BB !!!. Now here is a the funny thing, the BB is sync correctly, my notes are uptodate, calender too. So why am I still getting unread email count on my BB, when I have already opened them in outlook?... Any suggestions?. (I have already pulled the battery !! no joy).:cry:

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Unread emails on BB

newby, Welcome to PinStack.

Can't help with BES problems, but someone that can will be along shortly

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Check your message options to ensure that wireless reconciliation is on, and that conflict resolution is set to Mailbox, not handheld.

From the message list, click wheel --> Options --> Email Reconciliation --> choose the appropriate message service, check Wireless Reconciliation = On, and On Conflicts = Mailbox Wins.

This could / should likely be your problem. Start with this, and let us know.

ekrimmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303150C7

Sounds like you aren't necessarily seeing the exact messages "unread" on the BB that you know you have read in Outlook but pehaps an unread message count? This can be due to foldered messages perhaps? Hit U to find the first unread message - could be way down the list. You can also use H to hide foldered messages
    PIN: 303150C7

newby no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks guys, I still have the same problems. So i'm going to get the handheld re-installed again, see if the problem is still there after..
    Thanks again.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

and your company is on a BES?
    what exactly are you syncing?
    with BIS, you will not get wireless sync...in other words, if you open on outlook, it will stay unread on bb, regardless...

annhuang no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the same problem too! Emails deleted by BB also deleted at Outlook. But emails deleted by Outlook still stays in BB. Does anyone know why?

LiGhtNiNRoD no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Unread emails on BB

Are you on a BIS or BES? Try syncing over cable to desktop to make sure encryption key is not jacked up, we see alot of that on our BES/Domino/Lotus Notes enviroment. Also force an email reconciliation by opening your message list and clicking the wheel/pearl and selecting "Reconcile Now". If all else fails, wipe the device and resync w/ desktop/laptop.

LiGhtNiNRoD no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: Unread emails on BB

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    and your company is on a BES?
    what exactly are you syncing?
    with BIS, you will not get wireless sync...in other words, if you open on outlook, it will stay unread on bb, regardless...
    Absolutely correct regarding the BIS and also on BES pre-v4.0, you have to sync over cable before read and unread marks will reconcile.

jlt3 no está en línea Stack level 1

I tried all of these options and still didn't get everything to work. I finally decided to just re-wipe the BB. Once I did this, then re-sync'd, everything started working as expected.