I am running DM 4.7.037 and when I do a backup, I kept getting "Unknown ... RIM Desktop Software forum

jeffery no está en línea Stack level 2

Unknown Error

Advertisement

I am running DM 4.7.037 and when I do a backup, I kept getting "Unknown Error" when it reaches clock options. I also noticed that previously before I upgrade the Bold OS (4.6.0.247), the same failure also occurs but at a difference break point. Any help will be very much appreciated.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    I would maybe try(if you havent already) use JLcmdr and wipe the device and reinstall a clean OS. If it happens again id say whatever is causing the corruption could be on your backup and restore therfore when doing the restore..could be putting the corruption back on the device. Try that and see what happens.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Open desktop manager and go backup and restore select advanced, you'll see in the right side all the info in your device, highlight one by one and click the left arrow in the middle of the 2 windows, this will backup you info and if you get an error you can skip that info and go ahead...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I agree. works like a charm

Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Open desktop manager and go backup and restore select advanced, you'll see in the right side all the info in your device, highlight one by one and click the left arrow in the middle of the 2 windows, this will backup you info and if you get an error you can skip that info and go ahead...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

Great info
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

jeffery no está en línea Stack level 2
    the breakpoint now occurs at clock options. When I go to advance and do the process 1-by-1, it fails on Location Based Services. I really dread to re-install any more OS on the BB, as my applications there all seems to work, just the backup and everytime I tried to do a backup, my custom home screen gets replaced with default.

hmm...sounds like theres something in the back up/restore process to me...could be wrong...
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    This seems to work well:

Same scenario as above, except instead of selecting the databases and moving them over, scroll down to Browser Data Cache and highlight it. Then press the Clear button.

Try the back up again. More times than not this'll get you past that error, especially with DM 4.7.

Cheers,
    Roger