Greetings everyone. I feel like I struck gold finding this site. I am new the ... RIM Desktop Software forum

imdickie no está en línea Stack level 1

Unable to write application error

Advertisement

Greetings everyone. I feel like I struck gold finding this site. I am new the BB since starting a new job about a month ago. I have been a WM 5 user for quite some time. I do like the funtionality of the BB though. I have the 8703e from VZW and it is a lot smaller and lighter than the Samsung i730 I have been carrying around for 2 years.

So here is my problem.

When I try to sync Intellisync locks up in the Contacts and gives me an arror "Unable ot wite application data" I googled for the error and searched this website and found teh BB knowledge base article for the problem that lists several solutions. Well I weeded all of them out and still seem to have the problem. When I took a look at the log file I noticed that there were 100+ READ "<Unspecified>" listings where there should have been an actual contact like READ "Smith" This lends me to believe my data in my address book is corrupted.

Has any one had a similar problem?
    Is there another way to import the address book if I have the data in another form like vCard or excel?
    If I have to can I put the BB on a different system that is still running Outlook and not Notes like I have now that has all of my addresses in it with out messing up the configs on my BB?

I do appreciate any help. Thanks.

Here is my system

BB 8703e w/ VZW
    ThinkPad T60
    WinXP SP2
    Notes 7.0
    BB Desktop 4.2
    1GB RAM
    160 HDD w/100GB free

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Unable to write application error

Hello, welcome to pinstack. If you want to check the links above your post, you will find similar threads. I hope they help...

I did check the other threads but my problem was quite unique. As a last resort I loaded the Desktop software on my old system which was running Outlook. I was able to migrate my address book to the BB but I am missing a few addresses that I entered in recently. I do need to figure out how to sync with Notes though as that is what I am using now.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Just to be sure, did you go into configuration to change the opton to lotus notes before sync.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You will need to look through the contacts for messed up Names, Name with special Characters, or Contact with nothing in at least one of the First name, Last name or Company Name. Or possible one that has an attachment in one of the fields.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

lets us know how the suggested fixes help

Never thought of the attachment thing. I did go through each address looking for bad characters. What I was able to do is get the contacts over from an old system I had using Outlook. I am now in the process of migrating my contacts from my BB to Notes. I think some of the addresses in Notes may have been corrupted when I moved them over from Outlook. I'll post on my results. Thanks for the help.

Glennmcn no está en línea Stack level 1

Did you find the answer to this problem. I am having the same problem. I have tried all of the above. I dont theink the "unspecified" entry is coming from a currupt entry as all my contact are listed in the log and the "unspecified" entry is extra. Help!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Glennmcn, Welcome to PinStack.

There are a couple of things to try, First use the Reset Confurguration on the Syncronize/Configuration tab. The Next one would be to create a new Profile in outlook. Don't remember exactly how to do that but I have done it in the past.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

enri no está en línea Stack level 1

Guys i had the same problems on my treo 650, and now on my pearl, Im a bb user for years and at some point in time this happend, it just accurded to delete the lists in my contacts coworker, girfirends etc. And suddenly no problema.. try it.

enri@yahoo.com