Hi Great to have found this useful forum and hope that eventually I can input ... RIM Desktop Software forum

snowmonkey no está en línea Stack level 2

TXF'ing Nokia data to BB

Advertisement

Hi

Great to have found this useful forum and hope that eventually I can input something useful. However, as my first BB arrived today (Bold) I think I'll be asking a few questions before I can be of any use.

Anyway, first task is to export my phone book contacts from my ancient Nokia phone to my Bold.

Anyone know if any software exists to do this and if the field mapping and character layouts would be identical or if I'd have any issues with it (as if so, I may as well manually input into Outlook and then sync with the BB - not a job I'd relish).

Next task is then to export my address book, calendar, notes etc etc from my even more ancient Palm V into Outlook to then sync with my BB. Appreciate this is not a direct BB issue, but same question applies and if anyone knows if there's any software out there to help with this, would be grateful to hear about it.

Thanks in advance.

SM

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    welcome to the stacks......you will never leave and CONGRADS on your new BB....

as for your questions, have you tried exporting them into a CSV file and then importing that CSV file into Outlook.

You could then sync your BB to your Outlook and have all that information.

When you export your data from the Nokia and Palm what export file options does it give you ?
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Using Nokia PC Suite, you should be able to sync your contacts up with Outlook directly depending on which Nokia you are using. Once the contacts are synced up to Outlook, you should be able to do the same with the Palm unit. Then you can go through and do some touch-up in outlook to make sure the data is correct and where it should be. Once that is done, you can then tell DM to sync with outlook directly and should be able to get the contacts onto the BB with no issue.

The other option with the Nokia is to copy them all to the sim card and then copy them back up to the BB. This will allow you to move 250 numbers at a time and may be less headache depending on how many numbers you are working with on the Nokia.

Zo

TXF'ing Nokia data to BB

Thanks for that input guys, much appreciated

Could I ask one more thing - I'm actually needing to merge data from three sources:-

1) emails (POP3 & IMAP - 12 different email accounts) + all saved folder hierarchies from Outlook Express (will export to Outlook prior to BB syncing - sidebar question - any clues on whether the BB can cope with this many email accounts and sub-folder email hierarchies ?)

2) address book, notes/memos from Palm Vx

3) phone book from Nokia 6310i/Nokia Datasuite

Once emails are TXD'd from OE to Outlook,

if I then do the Nokia TXF followed by the Palm TXF - do you think one would over-write the other or could there be a potential conflict?

Thanks v. much in advance.

SM

TXF'ing Nokia data to BB

Thanks for that input guys, much appreciated

Could I ask one more thing - I'm actually needing to merge data from three sources:-

1) emails (POP3 & IMAP - 12 different email accounts) + all saved folder hierarchies from Outlook Express (will export to Outlook prior to BB syncing - sidebar question - any clues on whether the BB can cope with this many email accounts and sub-folder email hierarchies ?)

2) address book, notes/memos from Palm Vx

3) phone book from Nokia 6310i/Nokia Datasuite

Once emails are TXD'd from OE to Outlook,

if I then do the Nokia TXF followed by the Palm TXF - do you think one would over-write the other or could there be a potential conflict?

Thanks v. much in advance.

SM

Apols - can a Mod delete one of the above messages as uploaded twice in error.

Won't allow me to delete for some reason.

Thnx

SM