First off, apologies if this looks like a cross-post from the BB Support Forum...it is. ... RIM Desktop Software forum

maxschneider no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    245A31A7

Two problems: Record skipped during synchronization & Outlook reminders

Advertisement

First off, apologies if this looks like a cross-post from the BB Support Forum...it is.

I've just moved into my BB Curve this week, and am running into a couple of issues when I sync with Outlook:
    • The reminders for some of my recurring appointments are triggered during the sync process
    • One calendar entry in Outlook is skipped, and I can't locate it.
    With the first problem, it appears that Intellisync is alternately updating all of the calendar entries in Outlook or the device every other sync. That is, one pass it uploads to Outlook, the next pass it downloads to the BB.

With the second problem, I've located the following line in PtTrace.log:
    [FONT=courier new,courier]Wed Apr 30 17:09:07 2008: Error Unable to convert field data. Skip to next record.4238 at RIM::DeviceIConnector.cpp line 825[/FONT]
    However, I don't see anything in the log that gives a hint of the bad calendar entry.

I'm running Desktop Manager 4.3.0.17 on Windows XP SP2.

Any suggestions for solving these problems is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Max

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Not sure I understand the first question at least don't have a solution on it. For the second, you might want to look for Special Characters in the First Name, Company Name or Last name. There is a trouble shooting process for this, which I believe I have posted here before. I'll try to find it, but it may take a while.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    245A31A7
    Thanks; I appreciate the help.

Regarding the first problem, each time I initiate a sync some of my calendar entries are updated either in Outlook or on the device...it alternates each time. Some of these are recurring appointments, which causes Outlook to pop up the reminder...kind of annoying.

For the second problem, I think I found your earlier post on troubleshooting. It describes the process for contacts, but my second problem is also with the calendar. To confirm it, I turned off syncing of everything but the calendar to see what the result would be.

Regards,

Max

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    I just realized that also, sorry.

Try this for both problems, Connect your BB to the PC, and open the Desktop Manage Backup/Restore app, Make a backup of all data. Then click on the advanced button and on the right (BB) side of the screen highlight the Calendar Database and click the Clear button at the bottom. Then try a Sync of the Calendar to see if you still have the same problem.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    245A31A7
    Well, it sort of worked....

I ended up having to delete the Intellisync folder in Application Data as DM crashed when I tried the sync after clearing the calendar. After clearing the calendar a second time and then deleting the Intellisync folder, I restarted the DM and ended up with

* one recurring entry that wants to ping pong changes back and forth, and
    * one recurring entry that won't add to the device

It looks like I should be able to resolve the problem now by homing in on these two entries...thanks for your help!

Regards,

Max